CLAIMS MANAGEMENT ADVISOR
$67,912 - $85,305 per annum
Our Health, Safety & Wellness Office is seeking an experienced Claims Management Advisor to provide expertise in the administration and delivery of Metrolinx’s Disability Management program, short-term and long-term disability claims, sick-leave claims, and Return-to-Work processes.
- Administering employee disability, injury, and illness cases, and liaising with stakeholders (leaders and staff, third-party insurers and physicians, etc.) to facilitate appropriate interventions for safe and quick re-integration to the workplace.
- Obtaining required documentation to assist with the assessment of job requirements, and using medical and other information to help identify an employee’s functional limitations in performing the job.
- Determining the terms and conditions of return to work in consultation with various stakeholders, and preparing work accommodation agreements.
- Educating and advising managers on attendance and disability management issues and queries, recommending solutions that are realistic, prudent, compliant, and aligned with Metrolinx corporate values.
- Contributing to policy and process updates to continuously improve the disability management model, including monitoring and reporting on relevant workforce trends within Metrolinx and industry-wide.
- Acting as a subject matter expert on Disability Management and Return-to-Work, including conducting training sessions and producing educational materials.
Location: 20 Bay Street, Toronto
- College diploma in a related field such as Labour Relations, Disability Management, Occupational Health & Safety, or Nursing.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience performing Disability Claims Management within a unionized environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of rehabilitation programs and all applicable Health & Safety legislation in Ontario, WSIB, and Insurance STD and LTD claim procedures.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, including experience with OHS Parklane system.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong oral and written communication skills, with a proven ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than February 5, 2013, quoting File Number 13-25.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER