$136,941 - $171,176 per annum
(Temporary Position – up to 24 months)
Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and oversees GO Transit, PRESTO, the Union Pearson Express and Rapid Transit. Our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. Join us as we work together to transform the way the region moves.
The Strategic Communications division is looking for a Director, Transformation to define and establish a new service-delivery business model and work with internal partners in all aspects of project management, control and delivery.
- Develops a comprehensive change plan, including the governance and accountability structures, to successfully oversee multiple and overlapping change projects to operationalize the organizational review.
- Works with Vice President, Directors and Managers to scope deliverables and establish resources, timelines and other project management details; establishes the change team structure and monitoring processes.
- Controls costs and project stalls, taking decisive action with sound judgment to anticipate and remove barriers to transformation and provide options and alternatives.
- Works in partnership with business divisions and divisional units to establish a new Account Lead model.
- Defines evolving customer service agreements, clarifies roles and responsibilities and ensures infrastructure and process improvements are built to accommodate these.
- Develops and delivers communication plans and engagement strategies with staff and clients to minimize disruption of service and maximize working relationships throughout the change cycle.
- Leads the preparation and consolidation of project progress and financial reports; provides updates to VP and other interested stakeholders; provides actionable recommendations to decision-makers.
- Establishes service delivery framework, standard protocols and procedures, and tools to enable staff to work with internal clients during and upon implementation of change.
- Uses best-practice Project Management methodology and communication protocols in order to monitor the development and implementation of the change.
- Oversees all project financial and budgeting activity and ensure alignment to plan to safeguard Metrolinx’s assets and to ensure project operating needs are met for on-budget, on-time delivery
- Responsible for the proper assignment of people resources to change projects, and creates a working environment that maximizes positive engagement with the change while maintaining productivity.
- Assesses staffing requirements and participates in establishing new reporting structures.
Location: 20 Bay Street, Toronto
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Marketing, Stakeholder/Vendor relations or related discipline or an advanced level of training and experience that is deemed equivalent
- 10 years of related experience in managing complex change efforts/business process improvements
- Experience in leading a communication department or agency management in a customer-centric industry
- Experience or training in change management
- Membership in the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) is an asset;
- Certification in Project Management methodology is an asset (PMI)
Resumes must be received by the Human Resources Office, Metrolinx, no later than February 22, 2013 quoting File Number 13-36.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Issued: February 1, 2013