$76,775 – $96,435 per annum
PRESTO is an electronic fare system that will allow transit users in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) and Ottawa to use a Smart Card to move between and within transit systems. PRESTO will make transit travel easier and more convenient.
Our Solution Development Division requires a Technical Architect to define technical requirements and ensure deliverables tie back to established requirements and are consistent with the organization’s long-term strategy.
- Leading the analysis and definition of the design solution for the PRESTO technical environment, resulting in practical and economical recommendations regarding hardware, network products, system software, and security, to ensure that the product fulfills the requirements.
- Reviewing and integrating technical requirements of the system, including application, security, integration, performance, quality, and operations requirements.
- Reviewing and integrating the technical architecture requirements for the development, execution, and operating environments of the system.
- Participating in application solution reviews, providing input to the solution and impacts on the technical environment.
Location: 130 Adelaide St. West, Toronto
- Knowledge of computer science field with particular emphasis on technical architecture design, normally attained through completion of a three-year community college program.
- Minimum six (6) years’ work experience providing a solid background in analysis, design and development of corporate system architecture, or a combination of education, training, and experience deemed equivalent. Prior experience in a related architecture role is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of creative and effective solutions to business needs by means of both purchased and developed solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of the principles and practices of systems architecture and development, with the ability to promote, justify, and articulate, a coherent corporate approach to application delivery using a multi-tiered approach.
- Sound leadership and organizational skills, with a proven ability to effectively prioritize tasks and ensure coordinated execution with other team members.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than February 18, 2013, quoting File Number 13-48.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER