SIGNAL SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
$76,775 - $96,435 per annum
GO Transit’s Railway Corridors Signal Office is seeking a Signal Systems Specialist to ensure the quality of installation and maintenance of signalling infrastructure, and to meet established regulatory, corporate, and contractual standards.
- Developing maintenance contract specifications.
- Developing and implementing quality assurance programs including audit plans.
- Carrying out the Signal System audit plans.
- Developing multi-year engineering capital and operating budgets and schedules.
- Managing all Signal System infrastructure capital projects and programs.
- Overseeing the investigation of all accidents/incidents, infrastructure failures involving GO owned Signal Systems.
Location: 335 Judson Street, Etobicoke.
- Strong knowledge of railway corridor engineering methods and best practices normally attained through completion of a four-year degree in a relevant engineering discipline, or completion of four-year railway signal maintainer’s apprentice program plus signal supervisor program, or any combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Continuing education leading toward obtaining a P. Eng. designation is considered an asset.
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience in design, commissioning or maintenance of railway signal systems, crossing warning systems and infrastructure, including the development and application of Signal Systems infrastructure, inspection, operational and maintenance procedures and quality assurance.
- Relevant technical and project management experience in large signals, crossing warning, electrical, SCADA and communications projects.
- Must have current CROR qualification.
- Must have a strong knowledge of railway Signal System methods and best practices.
- Must demonstrate ability to administer contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to give direction to a small group performing varied activities.
- Good working knowledge of relevant Federal rail and transit regulations / standards, AREMA standards and the Canadian Railway Operating Rules (CROR).
- Demonstrated experience involving negotiation, development and implementation of third party railway crossing agreements.
- Good working knowledge of PC based data systems and project management software.
- Good working knowledge of project management principles, including cost control, scheduling, and standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability in gathering correlating and analyzing statistical data for monitoring infrastructure reliability and establishing work practices.
- Must have a valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and meet corporate standard for a good driving record. Must be able to obtain GO Transit Operator’s Permit.
- Must successfully complete environmental, safety and any other training required by corporate policy.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than March 3, 2013, quoting File Number 13-47.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.