SUPERVISOR, LEGAL SERVICES
$67,912 - $85,305 per annum
(Contract Position – up to 13 months)
Reporting to the Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, the Supervisor, Legal Services will supervise and coordinate a wide range of legal and administrative services for the Office of the General Counsel & Corporate Secretary.
- Running the day to day administrative operations of the department including developing and implementing effective communication methods, discussing and recommending potential improvements, and appropriate courses of action;
- Providing day-to-day supervision and management of legal support staff, resources and functions, training and development, workload balancing, record keeping, conducting annual performance evaluations and planning routine operational activities of the department;
- Providing legal support services related to real estate, procurement, human resources, contract administration, litigation, and corporate governance related matters;
- Maintaining minute books, corporate records and preparing corporate governance related documents;
- Preparing internal reports for audit and coordinating fiscal year-end audit requirements;
- Managing administration of external law firm retainers/contracts and legal accounts liaising with internal procurement and accounting business units to ensure processes and practices are followed for retention of external lawyers;
- Manages a wide range of administrative, communications and executive support tasks relating to programs and projects;
Location: 20 Bay Street, Toronto
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than February 24, 2013
, quoting File Number 13-49
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER