PROJECT COORDINATOR, RAILWAY CORRIDORS
Start Rate $37.67 per hour (non-negotiable)
$37.67 - $47.73 per hour (ATU Bargaining Unit)
Our Railway Corridor Management Office is seeking an experienced Project Coordinator to monitor and control the quality of rail corridor asset maintenance services as well as coordinate rail corridor maintenance contracts and railway corridor physical infrastructure project design and construction.
- Monitoring and controlling the quality of GO Transit Rail right of way asset maintenance services (including fencing, debris, graffiti, and vegetation management) and to coordinate rail corridor maintenance contracts and railway corridor physical infrastructure project design and construction.
- Managing the implementation of approved projects through all stages of design and construction.
- Administering consultant assignments and contracts, performing field maintenance and compliance audits, monitoring consulting engineering contracts.
- Researching and participating in the development of industry maintenance standards, procedures and best practices.
Location: 335 Judson Street, Toronto, ON
- Completion of a 3 or 4 year community college program in a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides a good knowledge of track and signal railway engineering.
- Five (5) years’ experience related to the maintenance of track and signal infrastructure or in the planning, design and construction of transit facilities, interpreting and applying contract plans and specifications and coordinating contracted engineering projects.
- Knowledge of project management principles including cost control, scheduling, codes, standards, specifications, corporate policies and procedures.
- Must have a good understanding of Railway Operating Rules, Regulations, Safety & Operating procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable contract legislation is desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work independently, strong interpersonal and negotiating skills and analytical ability are required.
- Good working knowledge of PC-based data systems and software applications is also necessary. Proficiency in the use of project management software is desirable.
- Must have a valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and must meet the corporate standard for a good driving record. Must be able to obtain the GO Transit Operators permit.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than March 4, 2013, quoting File Number 13-66.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER