SUPERVISOR, STATION OPERATION
$67,912 - $85,305 per annum
Our Station Operations Central Office is seeking a Supervisor, Station Operations, to ensure the provision of customer sales and station management for all GO Transit’s passenger handling facilities and associated properties.
- Effectively carrying out the maintenance and enhancement of GO Transit owned or leased infrastructure and property including associated systems and equipment, within a defined area.
- Supervising and coordinating the provision of ticket sales, refunds, audits and other support services inclusive of driver cash-ins.
- Supervising and providing input into planned and remedial maintenance programs and the rehabilitation programs for all assigned fixed assets, associated equipment and facilities.
- Assisting in operational and budget planning and reviews.
- Ensuring employee and passenger safety and security at GO Transits passenger facilities.
- Carrying out obligations outlined in leases, licenses and operational agreements relative to buildings, properties and associated equipment within the assigned area.
- Ensuring contractors working at GO facilities adhere to applicable regulatory codes, safety standards and processes in the day-to-day operations of GO Transit facilities and properties.
- Coordinating the maintenance for fleet vehicles and equipment, inclusive of sourcing service contracts for vehicle and light/heavy equipment.
- Ensuring the provision of customer information for GO Transit, interline bus companies and applicable municipal and regional transit systems at station locations. Manages regular updates (i.e. tariff, services changes) via notices and bulletins
- Investigating customer inquiries, complaints, commendations and/or suggestions, determining an appropriate action to mitigate the circumstance and providing responses as requested
Location: 140 Bay Street, Toronto, ON
- Minimum six (6) years experience in a transportation environment, providing a solid background in facility operation and maintenance; as well as the supervision of staff and managing the performance of contracted staff.
- Must hold a valid trade certificate/license in any of the following trades: Industrial Plant Maintenance, Mechanic/Millwright, Electrician, HVAC Mechanic, Stationary Engineer – Class IV or lower and/or a certificate/degree in property management or related discipline or equivalent working experience.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of customer service delivery and facilities management normally attained through completion of related courses or any combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Must have sound knowledge of transit operations, facility management, tickets and tariffs and an understanding of collective bargaining administration.
- Must have a valid Ontario Class ‘G’ licence, be able to meet the corporate standard for a good driving record, and also be able to obtain a GO Transit Operators Permit.
- Must successfully complete environmental, safety and any other training required by corporate policy, including the ability to obtain First Aid certification.
- Good supervisory and administrative skills. Good analytical skills along with a practical knowledge of basic accounting, and thorough knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication and good public relations skills.
NOTE: This position will focus more on Customer Service Delivery
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than March 1, 2013, quoting File Number 13-59.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER