Start Rate $29.59 per hour
$29.59 to $34.54 per hour (ATU Bargaining Unit)
GO Transit’s Radio Systems office is seeking a Radio Technician to service, maintain, install, repair, administer and assist the Radio Communications Systems Specialists with, cost effective radio communications for GO Transit radio users.
As a Radio Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the end-user radio equipment is serviceable and maintained to specification.
- Administrative support to the Manager, Radio Systems and Assistant Manager, Radio Systems, by maintaining inventories, providing status reports, and resolving billing issues and track expenditures.
- Verifying the work of contractors at field locations and providing input to the evaluation of communications system solutions.
This position involves working Monday to Friday (varying shifts), with Saturday & Sunday as off days.
Location: Streetsville Garage, 6190 Mississauga Rd. Mississauga, ON
Knowledge of digital trunked radio communications technology, radio and wireless voice and data transmission as well as data and telecommunications, normally obtained by a two year diploma program for Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technician, OR an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the communications field, with demonstrated administrative and troubleshooting skills with digital trunked radio, voice and data radio, wireless communications systems, microwave, telecommunications, and data networking.
- Knowledgeable in health, safety and the environment practices in the workplace.
- Must fulfil the following requirements:
- Possess a valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s licence; meet corporate standard for a good driving record; able to obtain GO Transit Equipment Operator’s Permit.
- Obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Successfully complete environmental, safety and any other training required by corporate policy, including CN Contractors Familiarization Certificate for rail safety.
- Successfully complete any other training required by corporate policy.
- Obtain job related certifications, as required.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communications skills as well as attention to detail.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than March 10, 2013, quoting File Number 13-75.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER