PART-TIME BUS DRIVERS
Start Rate $24.99 per hour
$24.99 to $30.62 per hour (ATU Bargaining Unit)
(Training Rate $14.97 per hour)
(FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY)
In fulfilling our Passenger Charter to the public, Metrolinx is excited to announce a new form of assessment provided by the Canadian Urban Transit Association (CUTA), to assist us in discovering the best candidates that exhibit the values of our Passenger Charter.
For more information regarding the assessments, registration and application process, please visit the Canadian Urban Transit Association (CUTA) Bus Operator Testing registration homepage at http://conta.cc/VTOWR8 to complete a mandatory STRADA Bus Driver Test Result Profile. You must complete this process to be considered for this position.
As a Part-Time Bus Driver, you will play a critical role by establishing the tone for the entire customer service experience as GO Transit’s first point of contact with most passengers. Your commitment to delivering a safe and positive customer experience on every trip, to both new and returning pas¬sengers, aligns with GO Transit’s vision of becoming our passengers preferred choice for interregional travel in the Greater Golden Horseshoe.
Preference will be given to applicants who have excellent customer service experience, with previous commercial driving experience an asset. Applicants with more than 2 demerit points on their driver's abstract will not be considered.
Location: Various locations.
Shifts/hours: Initially these positions will be part-time, (full-time drivers are promoted from part-time positions), for assignments totalling up to a maximum of 33 hours per week. This typically involves working a five day schedule with varying shifts including split shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Level of reading, writing and learning skills normally attained through a high school education.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s licence or higher for a minimum of 2 years, and must meet corporate standard for a good driving record.
- Must demonstrate characteristics and temperament indicative of a high level of public relations aptitude as well as an ability to deal with cash, tickets and tariffs.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Class “B” driver’s licence and “Z” endorsement.
- Must successfully complete the New Driver Training program.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain First Aid certification.
- Must successfully complete all training required by corporate policy.
To apply for this position, please visit http://conta.cc/VTOWR8
to complete a mandatory STRADA Bus Driver Test Result Profile, quoting File Number 13-86
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER