EMPLOYEE / LABOUR RELATIONS CONSULTANT
$76,775 - $96,435 per annum
(Temporary Position – up to 13 months)
Metrolinx is seeking an Employee / Labour Relations professional on a temporary full-time basis, with experience as an employee and labour relations practitioner in a multi-union environment. This position will provide guidance, direction and consultative services to the Corporation, including the administration of the collective agreements.
- Maintaining effective Union - Management relationships, including administration of two collective agreements and preparation for negotiations.
- Representing the Corporation at grievance, mediation and Union / Management Committee meetings, and attend at hearings as required.
- Preparing case files to ensure that documents are available in preparation for any potential hearings and liaising with internal and external legal counsel as required.
- Administering the Workplace Harassment Prevention Policy, including leading investigations and providing advice and recommendations to managers and employees.
- Administering policies with respect to the Public Service of Ontario Act, including leading inquiries and providing recommendations.
- Delivering educational sessions to managers, supervisors and new employees regarding collective agreement administration and the Public Service of Ontario Act.
- Providing employee and labour relations advice and support to other Human Resources staff, and in conjunction with Human Resources Business Partners and operational areas, developing strategies and responses regarding long-term and day-to-day labour and employee relations challenges.
Location: 20 Bay Street, Toronto, with travel to other work locations as required.
- Knowledge of employee and labour relations normally attained through completion of a university-level degree program in Human Resources, with particular emphasis on employee and labour relations and leading toward certification as a Human Resources Professional (CHRP).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in direct labour relations, with experience in the public sector preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly effective problem solving, interpersonal, analytical, negotiation and mediation skills, and ability to cultivate effective working relationships.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to provide guidance regarding corporate policy and direction on labour and employee relations issues.
- Thorough knowledge of Human Rights Code, Labour Relations Act, Crown Employees Collective Bargaining Act and other employment-related legislation.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software applications.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than March 19, 2013
, quoting File Number 13-88
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER