COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
Start Rate $37.67 per hour
$37.67 - $47.73 per hour (ATU Bargaining Unit)
Our Information and Information Technology - Electronics & Communications Office is seeking an experienced Communications Systems Specialist, to specify, co-ordinate and administer the installation and/or retrofitting of a wide range of communications systems.
- Service, support, maintain and administer communications systems, which include but are not limited to:
- Metrolinx corporate Private Branch Exchange (PBX) telephone systems
- Bell Canada standard phone services
- Bell Canada Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) high performance telecommunications network services at Metrolinx offices, stations and facilities
- Public Address (PA) systems at GO Transit rail / bus stations and facilities
- Enterprise Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) system located in rail / bus stations, parking lots / garages, maintenance facilities, operations centres and offices
- Networked Electronic Station Signage systems at rail and bus stations
- Uninterrupted Power Systems (UPS) in stations and facilities communications rooms
- Integrated Communications Consoles in Rail / Bus Operations Control Centres
- Building Security systems including gate phones and intercoms
- Building Automation systems
- Building elevator communications systems
- Customer Assistance systems at stations
- Working closely with facility infrastructure project delivery teams, compliance and regulatory groups, ensuring Metrolinx I&IT systems, communications and control rooms adhere to corporate standards specifications.
- Researching, evaluating, and recommending alternative technological approaches and solutions to voice and data communications incidents and problems.
- Responding to and facilitating repair to communications systems as part of the I&IT Mobile Field Services team.
Location: 20 Bay Street, Toronto
- Knowledge of I & IT communications systems technology, as well as data and telecommunications, normally obtained by a 3-year diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology, Communications Technology, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the support and delivery of communications, telecommunications, data network and wireless systems, including troubleshooting, formal reporting, administration and incident/problem management.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable legislation and codes related to health and safety and the environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license and a clean driving abstract.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than March 21, 2013, quoting File Number 13-95.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER