$60,101 - $75,491 per annum
PRESTO is an electronic fare system that will allow transit users in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) and Ottawa to use a Smart Card to move between and within transit systems. PRESTO will make transit travel easier and more convenient. PRESTO is seeking several Settlement Officers to perform a variety of tasks to support the PRESTO Finance Operations team and processes, including generating settlement funds, calculating settlement fees, commissions and managing various accounts.
- Processing daily transactions to ensure funds are cleared, aggregated, apportioned, and settled.
- Performing HST accounting functions and calculating settlement fees and commissions.
- Reviewing, investigating, and resolving process exceptions and out-of-balance situations.
- Monitoring daily electronic funds transfer (EFT) processes to ensure failures are captured and corrected.
- Collaborating and interacting with internal and external business partners and transit service providers, including regular reporting, and responding to inquiries and information requests.
- Ensuring processes and reconciliations are aligned with established procedures and controls.
- Performing daily reconciliation and control points, to ensure funds are balanced, creating month-end journal entries and account reconciliations, and performing adjustments, as required.
Location: 130 Adelaide St. West, Toronto
- Post-Secondary education in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline.
- Designation as Certified General Accountant (CGA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) would be considered an asset.
- Minimum two (2) years of related experience in a financial services or payment industry environment, performing settlement and reconciliation duties.
- Strong time management, organizational and analytical skills, with sound knowledge of the payments industry and financial processes.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Dynamics AX, with strong working knowledge of other MS Office software.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than March 19, 2013, quoting File Number 13-97.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER