PROJECT OFFICER, PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE CUSTOMER SERVICE
$67,912 - $85,305 per annum
(Temporary up to 3 years)
Our Customer Care Office is seeking three temporary Project Officer, Project Management Office Customer Service to support the increased project load from the projects required for the Union Pearson Express launch in 2015.
Location: 20 Bay Street, Toronto
- Directs the management of Consultants and cross-functional project teams engaged in ongoing projects.
- Manages projects through all stages of definition, procurement, and implementation, and ensures adherence to technical and quality requirements, budget, schedule, and approvals.
- Defines and develops new and improved technical specifications.
- Analyzes business processes and procedures in order to create business efficiency solutions.
- Plans, coordinates, and schedules Consultant services for the execution of projects.
- Initiates and prepares, the terms of agreement to procure technical consultant assignments, evaluates proposals, and recommends consultant assignments.
- Plans, forecasts, monitors, and reports all capital project expenditures such as consultant fees, construction contracts, and change orders.
- Prepares project justifications in terms of proposed scope, budget, and schedule.
- Leads and coordinates internal and external project and implementation activities and ensures compliance with established standards, policies, and procedures.
- Compiles business requirements, obtains approvals, and reviews design proposals justifications.
- Resolves disputes within established schedule and budget restrictions.
- Represents Metrolinx at meetings with other transit and government agencies.
- Initiates tenders, evaluates bids, and recommends for approval the award of project contracts.
- Ensures proper acceptance and commissioning of completed projects for hand over to respective business unit and I.T.
- Conducts performance evaluations of consultants and contractors and prepares project post-evaluation reports.
- Defines, researches, and develops technical standards and procedures for improved physical infrastructure.
Number of Positions: Three (3)
- Degree from a recognized university or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Project Management Institute certification (PMP) or demonstrated detailed knowledge of Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience related to the planning, design and implementation of complex business and technical projects.
- Thorough knowledge of the theory, principles and practices of project management, process re-design business analysis and change management.
- Proficiency in project planning and process management tools (MS Project, MS Visio, iGrafx etc.).
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement, risk assessment and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
To for this position, please
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than April 4, 2013, quoting File Number 13-108.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER