INTERN, INVESTMENT STRATEGY & PROJECT EVALUATION
(SUMMER 2013: MAY – AUGUST)
Flat Rate: $17.03 per hour
The Investment Strategy & Project Evaluation (ISPE) is an energetic & driven group that is tasked with developing an investment strategy to fund transformational transit improvements around the region, as well as performing project evaluation and benefits case analyses on a variety of those projects. The intern will support efforts to develop our project evaluation suite of tools and techniques including the definition, procurement and analysis of associated academic research. Through this position, the candidate will enhance their communication, software, research and analysis skills while gaining a strong appreciation for public transportation and customer service.
- Helping develop econometric evidence, tools, techniques and guidance that will demonstrate and present the value of Metrolinx investments being considered
- Data analysis, including GIS based analysis of land use trends and their linkages to transportation policy and project evaluation.
- Input to the next generation of Metrolinx project evaluation procedures.
- Literature reviews and research.
- Report writing and presentation of findings for management and senior management, while working in a highly motivated and fun team environment.
Location: 20 Bay Street, Toronto
- Enrolled in or finished postsecondary studies in Transportation Planning, Geography, Economics, or a related field.
- Outstanding expository writing skills, research and analytical skills.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal relation skills.
- Demonstrated interest in transportation and customer service.
- Familiarity with the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- GIS, Excel, Visual Basis and other advanced IT skills an asset.
- Ability to travel for site visits. G-class driver’s license an asset.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than April 11, 2013, quoting File Number 13-117.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER