|MANAGER, REAL ESTATE – PROJECT MANAGEMENT $103,103 - $128,878 per annum
Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and oversees GO Transit, PRESTO and the Union Pearson Express. Our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA). Join us as we work together to transform the way the region moves.
Reporting to the Director, Realty Services, the Manager, Real Estate – Project Management provides project management expertise to a team of internal staff as well as external real estate consultants on a number of complex and extensive transit expansion projects. While this role crosses many real estate functional areas, the primary responsibility is to provide real estate project management expertise to Metrolinx’s Rapid Transit Implementation team in the delivery of the Toronto Light Rail Transit Projects.
· Effectively project manages large, multi-faceted real estate initiatives by managing risks; tracking costs, milestone dates and critical path deliverables; overseeing work of internal and external real estate and project personnel; and providing periodic and professional project update reports to client groups, the Director, Realty Services and the executive management team. · Manages risk, anticipate circumstances which may impact project deliverables, and respond quickly and decisively to emerging problems. · Develops operating policies, procedures, guidelines and other “best practices” and provides overall strategic direction in the attainment of divisional objectives within area of functional accountability. · Develops standardized metrics to accurately track workload and production statistics and measure against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). · Prepares budget submissions, Business Case Analyses, and other formal documentation and reports necessary to obtain senior management, executive management or Board of Directors approval for a variety of assigned real estate projects. · Partners closely with clients from the various Metrolinx operating groups and enterprise-wide departments on real estate projects. · Manages and is accountable for all activities related to real property acquisitions and dispositions and other real estate matters associated with assigned Metrolinx capital projects including expansion of railway and light rail transit corridors, rail and bus stations, parking facilities, fleet storage and maintenance facilities, and commercial office buildings all in accordance with Metrolinx’s Corporate Real Estate Policy and other policies, procedures and best practices. · Provides leadership and direction on property acquisition strategies including takings under the Expropriations Act. · Directs a skilled group of professional internal and external real estate negotiators through difficult and complex real estate contract negotiations with landlords and property owners. Intervenes and provides assistance in difficult situations especially those with high risk exposure to Metrolinx. · Administers, expedites, and approves the process of obtaining property appraisals, title searches, preliminary plans, environmental reports, reference plans, heritage studies and any other real estate due diligence work required for property acquisitions and/or dispositions. Manages all aspects of vendor contracts including the procurement of services, management of expenses relative to budgets, and ensuring appropriate performance standards are met or exceeded. · Liaises with external consultants, stakeholder groups, and other government and quasi-government organizations on property related matters.
Work Location: 20 Bay Street, Toronto
· Professional training and experience in a variety of corporate real estate disciplines including property acquisitions and dispositions
· 8 years related experience with a minimum of 2 years project management experience. An industry recognized project management designation or accreditation considered an asset
· University degree in Business Administration, Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Land Economics, or a related combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent. A Masters Degree is considered an asset
· Demonstrated ability to prepare professional, comprehensive reports and presentation materials to a variety of audiences including executive management, a Board of Directors and external stakeholders
· Superior core competencies including interpersonal skills, communication, customer focus, teamwork, accountability, innovation, strategic focus and team leadership
· Fluent in English and exceptional oral and written communications skills
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than April 2, 2013, quoting File Number 13-123.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER