$136,941 - $171,176 per annum
(Contract Position – up to 3 years)
PRESTO is an electronic fare system that will allow transit users in the GTHA and Ottawa to use a Smart Card to move between and within transit systems. PRESTO will make transit travel easier and more convenient. We are seeking a Project Director to oversee the research, planning, development and implementation of PRESTO, dedicated to an assigned client Service Provider.
- Managing all aspects of the client relationship and account management, and providing overall direction for the Project team designated to the account.
- Directing the project planning for all phases of the project lifecycle, establishing project estimates, timelines, priorities, schedules, and resources.
- Identifying, analyzing, and defining business and systems requirements, tailoring the project scope to meet those specific requirements.
- Monitoring project schedules and resource utilization to ensure project objectives are delivered on time and within budget, and that business results are achieved and meet expectations.
130 Adelaide St. West, Toronto
- University degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or Computer Science, with an emphasis on program and project management, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. PMI Certification would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 8 years related work experience in diverse project and program management, with at least one assignment as a project manager, including at least 3 years in a senior supervisory capacity. Related experience with public transit systems would be preferred.
- Must have excellent knowledge of the principles and practices of project management and demonstrated ability in monitoring, reviewing and reporting on major projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral / written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft software (PowerPoint, Project, Word, Excel, etc.) and Project Management tools and processes.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than April 9, 2013, quoting File Number 13-124.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER