SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
$76,775 - $96,435 per annum
PRESTO is an electronic fare system that will allow transit users in the GTHA and Ottawa to use a Smart Card to move between and within transit systems. PRESTO will make transit travel easier and more convenient. PRESTO’s Release Management & Testing division is seeking Sr. Business Analysts to support release management and testing activities.
- Acting as a liaison between the applications development team and the business / user community, participating in user/task analysis; identifying and translating high-level, conceptual user-requirements into test specifications traceable back to business requirements to guide system development activities from a release perspective.
- Analyzing and developing test plans, release and deployment strategies for the application of new technologies, leading and/or participating in test planning/ execution, and developing release documentation.
- Working with the Business Requirements & Transformation team and service providers to develop key test metrics / performance measures to gauge effectiveness of the system to business strategies.
- Facilitating, leading, or participating in release process changes associated with system deployment, including the development of future releases, the allocation of scheduled deployments, and the associated documentation.
- Identifying risks associated with the business and any potential impact on the PRESTO operation; ensuring defects uncovered in test are recorded, summarized and utilized in post project reviews in an effort to improve the development and test processes
- Documenting and communication of build, test, acceptance and deployment of releases into production.
Location: 130 Adelaide St. West, Toronto and/or 33 City Centre Drive, Mississauga
- Knowledge of computer software design normally attained through completion of a university degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum six (6) years work experience providing a solid background in testing and release management analysis as it pertains to the development of applications supporting corporate systems
- Experience and understanding of "Best Practices" for readiness assessments and the development of business strategies, process re-engineering, test planning, release management/deployment.
- Experience in structured methodologies of identifying/defining and adhering to test/release management processes.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), test/release management techniques and tools and in utilizing I.T. innovations to assist in improving existing business strategies.
- Experience in implementation of creative and effective solutions to business needs by means of both purchased and developed solutions.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills; strong team leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including data modeling, process and workflow analysis.
- Proficiency with MS Office, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and Test Management Tools.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than April 8, 2013 quoting File Number 13-126.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER