HEALTH, SAFETY & WELLNESS ADVISOR
$76,775 - $96,435 per annum
Our Human Resources Division is seeking to add a strategic Health, Safety & Wellness Advisor to its team of skilled Human Resources professionals to provide expertise in the creation of a corporate vision and strategy for health, safety, and wellness.
- Developing, training, and implementing procedures and best practices of a safe and healthy workplace, and leading the development of a Corporate Wellness Program.
- Providing consultation and advice to managers and staff, to ensure programs are understood and supported and initiating program implementation and monitoring for continuous improvement.
- Developing and delivering corporate Health, Safety & Wellness Programs, including those that promote regular attendance, avoidance of workplace injuries, re-integration of employees on leave back into the workplace, and those that support and accommodate employees with disabilities.
- Responding to workplace emergencies, in co-operation with the Safety & Security division.
- Developing relevant Health, Safety & Wellness metrics, compiling and analyzing statistical data, identifying trends, and providing reports to stakeholders.
20 Bay Street, Toronto Qualifications:
- Completion of a University degree in Human Resources. A CHRP (Certified Human Resources Professional) and/or CRSP (Canadian Registered Safety Professional) designation would be an asset.
- Six (6) years of related experience in Human Resources with a focus on Health, Safety & Wellness, including disability management and the creation and delivery of related programs and initiatives.
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation, including the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) Workers Safety & Insurance Act (WSIA), and the Human Rights Code of Ontario.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to identify trends and recommend innovative solutions on a wide variety of Health, Safety & Wellness issues and in accordance with policies, procedures, and legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong oral and written communication skills, with a proven ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, with the ability to produce high quality spreadsheets, statistical reports, and presentations.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than April 16, 2013, quoting File Number 13-143.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER