INTERN, STRATEGIC POLICY & SYSTEMS PLANNING
(Temporary position – up to 1 year)
Flat Rate: $17.03 per hour
Our Strategic Policy and Systems Planning Office is seeking an Intern for a one year term. The successful candidate will gain broad experience in transportation and land use policy and planning.
- Undertaking internal and/or external data collection/research activities and analysing the assembled information.
- Preparing reports and/or other supporting documents such as spreadsheets and charts/graphics.
- Creating maps and undertaking data analysis using Google and GIS applications (e.g., ArcGIS).
Location: 20 Bay Street, Toronto
- Full-time enrollment in a recognized post-secondary college or university, or graduation within the last five years.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including use of spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Demonstrated interest in/knowledge of transit services (e.g., operations, planning) and transportation/urban planning issues in the GTHA.
We also understand that applicants have their own research priorities related to their course work. We would be open to working with the Intern to develop a project plan that meets their needs while also addressing a topic of interest to our department/organization.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than April 26, 2013, quoting File Number 13-159.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER