$53,902 - $67,703 per annum
(Temporary Assignment up to 1 Year)
Our Policy, Planning & Innovation business unit is seeking a temporary Administrative Assistant who will support the Director, Innovation, along with 20 professional staff. You will coordinate work flow, provide document management, and administer the office budget while utilizing your innovative ability to improve processes and procedures.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, reports, presentations, and other documents, including conducting research and providing input.
- Establish and maintain electronic tracking systems to ensure the timely preparation of correspondence and completion of assigned tasks.
- Review, prioritize and direct incoming correspondence to appropriate staff for response along with pertinent background material, and use “bring-forward” system to follow-up on outstanding items.
- Coordinate and maintain boardroom bookings, travel and accommodation arrangements, meetings, conferences and luncheons, ensuring all materials are distributed in a timely manner.
- Organize and oversee event planning.
- Prepare and distribute agendas, meeting minutes and related documents.
- Order supplies, oversee payment of invoices, track expenditures, monitor/control office budget, and liaise with other administrative staff and internal departments.
- Research and verify appropriate data sources (e.g. legislation, briefing/program materials, internet searches) and prepare summary documentation to support program and other information needs
- Proactively establish and maintain effective processes for document management.
: 20 Bay Street, Toronto
- Completion of a post-secondary certificate program in office administration, or any combination of training, education, and experience deemed equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a similar role providing administrative services to a large team, including document management and workflow tracking.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and interest in the mandate of Metrolinx and transportation in our region.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in the production of documents, records management and coordination of tasks.
- Exceptional organization, prioritization and time management abilities.
- Initiative and analytical skills are required to research and recommend improvements to departmental administrative practices and procedures.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than April 26, 2013, quoting File Number 13-167.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER