MANAGER, OPERATING PRACTICES & REGULATORY AFFAIRS
$93,729 - $117,162 per annum
GO Transit’s Rail Operations Office is seeking a Manager, Operating Practices & Regulatory Affairs, to ensure that the operation meets regulatory compliance with all government regulations; to oversee all training, and safety management; and to create and update various submissions including Canadian Rail Operating Rules, and data management.
- Ensures that regulatory criteria such as work rest rules, crew training, qualifications, re-certification, efficiency testing are properly captured and input into GO Transit SMS.
- Conducts risk assessments for proposed changes within operations.
- Writes and reviews policies and procedures to ensure they adhere with current practices.
- Develops a Canadian Rail Operating Rules book, and identifies and submits exemptions to these rules to the appropriate regulatory agency.
- Audits the Safety Management System (SMS) and supporting documents.
- Collaborates with external regulatory agencies and key stakeholders in the filing of quality submissions, effective problem solving and negotiations.
- Determine and communicate operating practices and regulatory requirements to key stakeholders.
- Interacts with Transport Canada and external agencies on regulatory issues and operational audits.
- Liaises with external agencies and stakeholders to ensure train operations are adhered to.
- Ensures full contractor compliance with agreement terms and conditions both contractually and regulatory and escalates violations of legislation to external stakeholders and Manager.
- Identifies and assesses department objectives, prepares forecasts and project plans to meet and maintain operational commitments.
- Develops budget for capital programs.
- Assesses and determines required manpower to perform and maintain service levels.
- Develops training programs and determines criteria for materials aligned with operations model.
- Establishes a framework for developing, implementing and maintaining day to day training programs.
Location: 335 Judson Street, Toronto.
- University degree in a related field or a combination of experience deemed relevant.
- 8 years of relevant experience
- Transport Canada experience would be considered an asset
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than May 12, 2013, quoting File Number 13-163.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER