PROSPECTIVE STUDENT ADVISOR
This is an historic time for NorQuest College as we move forward as the community college for the Edmonton Region. Now, more than ever, we are searching for leaders who will help us meet and exceed the expectations of our students, staff and the community. Join us as we continue in our journey to becoming an institution of choice for an expanding and diverse population of lifelong learners.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Careers and Recruitment, a Prospective Student Advisor (PSA) is the initial contact for all prospective students. As a member of NorQuest College Student Life, the Prospective Student Advisor is responsible for coordinating admission requirements and successfully moving students through to registration.
The focus of this position is to promote the benefits of NorQuest, assist students by removing barriers to success and to provide a positive experience that encourages prospects to register and attend NorQuest. Through an intuitive interview process, and continued personal contact and follow up with students, the PSA will promote the College and reinforce the benefits of being a NorQuest Student. This process includes ‘up front’ academic advising which includes recommendations on courses and programming that best suits the needs of the student, information on funding/funding decisions, referrals for Learner Supports, transcript evaluation and the development of individual Learner Plans (LPs). All of these activities will support an accurate determination of appropriate programming and course selection to ensure student retention and success. The intent of this position is to ensure prospective students receive personal care and attention from one central location.
- Through personal interviews with prospective students, gather, analyse, and synthesize academic, and personal information to determine academic program
- Provide a cursory review of prospective student’s previous education to determine if further testing is required
- Assist in the development and finalization of Learner Plans; follow-up with each student to ensure the plan meets individual need and aligns with approved funding criteria
- Provide students with financial aid assistance and advice, referring students with ongoing funding issues to Student Financial Aid
- Contribute to the strategic goals of NorQuest College Student Life by initiating/participating in various projects and activities
- Related Bachelor’s degree required
- Several years of directly related experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Experience in an educational setting an asset
- Experience working with PeopleSoft software an asset
- SALARY: $25.32 - $33.56 per hour commensurate with education and experience.
NOTE: This is a full-time casual position, up to June 30, 2013. There is no commitment to a minimum number of hours.
COMPETITION NUMBER: C10-12B
CLOSING DATE: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply please continue with this on-line process, using ‘ResumeBasic’.
NOTE: Notification of receipt will only be made to on-line applicants. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted within 28 days.