MANAGER, PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE AND BUSINESS PLANNING
STRATEGY AND IMPROVEMENT / PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE
This is a historic time for NorQuest College as we move forward as the community college for the Edmonton Region. Now, more than ever, we are searching for team members who will help us meet and exceed the expectations of our students, staff and the community. Join us as we continue in our journey to becoming an institution of choice for an expanding and diverse population of lifelong learners.
The Manager PMO and Business Planning reports to the Director, Strategy and Improvement and provides planning, portfolio management, quality project management, process services, general business consulting and leadership to the college. This includes managing the current College project managers and provides leadership, planning, portfolio and project management supports and mentoring for the project managers, business analysts and college staff assigned to planning processes, projects and other initiatives as required.
The Manager PMO and Business Planning is responsible for the development of models, methodologies, tools and instruments; collect, analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data and devise data driven recommendations, or other activities to support business and strategic planning; lead Divisional Leaders through a yearly planning process to achieve required Divisional Plans.
- Lead annual College business planning process and on-going update processes
- Support Budget process
- Strategy creation
College Portfolio Management
- Lead Corporate Project Management Office (PMO) & Portfolio Steering Committee (PSC)
- Lead corporate PMO process development, improvement and execution
- Lead annual College project portfolio planning process
- Develops/enhances and trains/champions/monitors the use of project methodology in accordance with PMI project management methodologies and PMBOK
- Provides leadership, support and mentoring in portfolio and project management
- Supports the overall success of project methodology within NorQuest College environments
Project/Program/Business Consulting &/or Business Case Development
- Develops, documents and assesses business initiatives and builds business cases
- Consults to senior management on portfolio, planning and project related matters
- Lead people and teams and gain their commitment in setting goals, objectives and deliverables and achieve timely results with high quality
- Provides presentations, advice, information, and support to executive, management, project teams and stakeholders on matters related to planning and implementation of initiatives to ensure the College is able to make informed decisions on business strategy, planning and/or operations
- Help shape the College’s decision making and proactively engage the Executive, College employees and other stakeholders
- Assist divisions in the development and coordination of project/initiative plans, resource plans, project financial planning that support the meeting of objectives in the execution of projects
- Manages multiple projects following PMI methodology and PMBOK framework and other practices, standards and guidelines established by the college
- Manages cross-functional complex projects effectively
- Plans and manages project budgets where appropriate
- Leadership and ability to cultivate relationships with key stakeholders to deliver a customer focused project management service to them.
- Undergraduate university degree from an accredited post-secondary institution
- 5-10 years of experience in formal project management with responsibility for delivering medium to complex projects; planning, contract negotiation and management.
- Experience in portfolio management, planning, monitoring, risk identification and weighting and issues management
- In-depth knowledge and high level of skill of PMI methodology and principles and PMBOK standards, processes and practices
- Experience with consultation and executive and senior management interaction
- Well-developed interpersonal, facilitation, contracting and negotiation skills
- Capacity towards building effective working relations and managing multiple, complex initiatives under tight timelines
- Effective oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to think strategically and tactically
- Leadership and ability to cultivate relationships with key stakeholders to deliver a customer focused consulting service to them
- Experience in the preparation of RFQs, RFIs and RFPs as appropriate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Project, Excel and Word
SALARY: $90,062 - $112,551 per annum. Commensurate with education and experience.
This position falls under the Management terms and conditions of employment and includes immediate participation in our comprehensive pension and benefits plans.
COMPETITION NUMBER: P5246-11-12
CLOSING DATE: Open until suitable candidate found.
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply please continue with this on-line process using ‘ResumeBasic’.
NOTE: Notification of receipt will only be made to on-line applicants. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted within 28 days.