This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment and will be required to meet an interview threshold of 75%.
Administrative Coordinator – River Oaks Community Centre Department:
Recreation and Culture Salary Range:
$42,150 - $51,383 Pay Grade:
6 Temporaray: This is a contract position lasting approximately 12 months. Job Responsibilities:
This position reports directly to the Manager and Supervisor of River Oaks Community Centre duties include:
• Coordinating all aspects of facility permitting system for the arena
• Processing OU’s and PCOS for the Supervisor, River Oaks Community Centre
• Processing memberships and pay as you go utilizing the P.O.S. and Class Systems
• Consolidating and reconciling revenues on a daily basis
• Coordinating schedules and assist with training of Front Desk Staff
• Inventories and orders community centre office supplies
• Ensuring all Permits are confirmed prior to booking dates, all associated requirements are met and appropriate fees are collected;
• Producing invoices, account statements, apply interest charges and follow up on delinquent accounts as needed;
• Providing excellent customer service for all external and internal customers, either in person at the front counter or through phone and fax services;
• Producing and distributing various user guides and information pamphlets as required;
• Preparing and sending out correspondence as needed;
• Preparing a variety of material including memos, letters, minutes, reports and manuals;
• Carrying out monthly inventory reports; coordinating display boards;
• Processing miscellaneous facility revenue as required;
• Recommending policy and/or procedural changes to the Manager and Supervisor of River Oaks Community Centre where appropriate;
• Providing input to the Parks, Recreation and Culture Brochure;
• Providing administrative support to facility Supervisor
• Providing support for Registration and Facility booking unit as required;
• Performing other related duties, as required, including special projects. Qualifications/Skills:
• Completion of Secondary school education with supplemental courses in Accounting and/or administration, with at least one year of previous experience performing similar functions. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Proficiency in EXCEL and Word along with demonstrated analytical skills are essential. Working knowledge of CLASS Active Network and J.D. Edwards Financials is desirable.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills are critical.
• Must have the ability to organize and process high volumes of work, often with many interruptions and competing deadlines.
• Must also be resourceful and have initiative to perform with little supervision. Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on Tuesday October 9, 2012.
: Tuesday October 2, 2012
Successful candidates will abide by Ontario Health & Safety Legislation and follow Corporate Health & Safety Policies.
The Town of Oakville is an equal opportunity employer
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3.