POSITION ID: 1370-004 CALL NO: 12-078 (Non-Union)
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment.
Job Designation: Supervisor of Operations, Sixteen Mile Sports Complex
Department: Recreation and Culture
Salary Range: $79,615 - $95,576
Pay Grade: 6
Reporting to the Manager, Sixteen Mile Sports Complex, assists with the facility management of a Sports Complex that includes 1 Olympic size Main Bowl arena, 3 NHL size arenas, 2 shooter pads, and 2 program rooms.
• Supervises staff in the Sixteen Mile Sports Complex including selection, compensation, performance evaluation, and disciplinary action up to and including dismissal and termination and will be involved on an on-going basis in all activities which affect full time and part time employees
• Ensures that all environmental efficiency standards are maintained for a LEED Gold Certified facility.
• Utilizes special event management procedures to meet requirements for numerous tournaments, competitions, events and shows
• Manages assigned pre-approved capital maintenance projects
• Assists other Recreation and Culture Managers in capital projects and preventive maintenance programs
• Responsible for updating and maintaining the corporate asset management program
• Develops and maintains maintenance contracts for recreation facilities
• Responds to customer service issues and liaises with staff and user groups
• On-call responsibilities as required hours for a 7 day, 24 hour operation
• Assists Facility Managers in coordinating 10 year capital submissions for Recreation and Culture Department
• Develops comprehensive staff schedule to meet the requirements of a 7 day, 24 hour operation
• Manages maintenance resources and establishes systems for preventive maintenance, equipment, energy management, security, asset management, housekeeping management, and quality assurance.
• Provides supervisory guidance in the operation of the ORHL and recreation programming
• Ensures all work practices comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and subsequent Town of Oakville Health and Safety practices
• Monitors and ensures compliance with all legislative requirements relative to facility operation
• On a rotational basis will provide management support to other Community Centre and Arena facilities during times of vacation and emergency situations
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Successful completion of a relevant degree or diploma in Recreation & Leisure Studies or equivalent
• Supervisory experience in a facility operations / programming environment
• Knowledge of building environmental systems and experience relating to preventative
maintenance/asset management programs
• Experience in all facets of Building Operations relative to arenas
Experience with EcoChill refrigeration system is a significant asset
• Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively, professionally and
diplomatically with staff, vendors and customers.
• Demonstrated skills in effective management and supervision, conflict resolution, customer service,
public relations and communications
• Please note that successful candidates, who are new hires and/or who have not performed in this position previously will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check, with vulnerable sector screening dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca
in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on Friday, October 26, 2012.
DATED: October 15, 2012
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3.