POSITION ID: 3105-001 CALL NO. 12-080 (CUPE 1329)
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Please include in your cover letter an outline of your skills and experience that corresponds to each of the qualifications and accountabilities of the job. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment.
Job Designation: Facilities Management Coordinator
Department: Facilities and Construction Management
Salary Range: $55,981 - $68,268
Pay Grade: 9
Reporting to the Manager, Facilities Operations, this Position provides analytical and optimization support to Facilities and Construction Management staff for the asset management – buildings module and the associated departmental programs: Facilities Operations, Preventative Maintenance, Capital Replacements (Client), State of Good Repair, and Standards and Guidelines Development.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Uses CIS/JDE system to manage work order program for FCM staff including creating WO and associated PO, tracking status of WO, receiving payments into CIS, maintaining all documentation required for the processing of accounts payable and closing of WO and maintaining hard and soft copy files for work order program.
• Through regular review, monitors status of corporate work order program related to buildings module to ensure workflow, completeness of documentation and compliance with predefined policies and procedures.
• Provides life-cycle management and budget planning decision support for department through analysis of asset and equipment utilization and life-cycle maintenance costs relative to current condition and expected life.
• Responsible for the scheduling and initiation of the annual facility inspection reports conducted by FCM required by the State of Good Repair program.
• Assists business units in preparation of any legislated operating reports that relate to building equipment.
• Decommissions existing assets in JDE (typical for all capital replacements) and sets up new capital assets in JDE asset registry.
• Establishes preventive maintenance and inspection schedules according to internal/external standards and all regulatory compliance requirements for all new equipment and building systems.
• For all new construction or major renovation projects: coordinates Building Condition Assessments, sets up building in JDE, sets up all building assets in JDE and establishes preventive maintenance and inspection schedules according to internal/external standards and all regulatory compliance requirements for all new equipment and building systems.
• Provides support to FCM staff with respect to compliance with corporate purchasing policies and procedures and uses CIS/JDE system to create, issue, monitor, and expedite all PO requests not related to Work Orders.
• Provides regular reporting to FCM managers on departmental programs to ensure they are functioning as intended with quality controls in place.
• Assists managers in developing standards and practices (related to JD E – Buildings module). Once developed, provides regular reporting regarding implementation.
• Assists FCM managers in reviewing operating / capital budget variance reports and development of annual operating and capital budgets.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 3 year college diploma or university degree in business administration, accounting, construction management or construction project management with a minimum of 3 years related experience. Equivalent work experience in a construction management office setting may be considered.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working with computerized maintenance systems searching, entering, analyzing, and reconciling work order data and financial records, preferably on the JD Edwards platform.
• Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills.
• Good financial planning and accounting skills, and understanding of accounting processes and transactions. Supplemental courses in accounting would be an asset.
• Knowledge and understanding of construction technologies, contract law, repair and maintenance processes, familiarity with industry terminology and building systems components.
• Working knowledge of building systems and various acts and codes related to building maintenance and construction would be an asset.
• Strong background in construction documentation, project change management and accounting.
• High level of proficiency with computerized asset management systems (preferably JD Edwards).
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft platform with ability to interpret and analyze information to create detailed computerized spreadsheets and reports.
• Demonstrated understanding of work order management concepts, numerical and data management aptitude required.
• Ability to deal courteously and efficiently with difficult people on the telephone and in person regarding sensitive issues such as release of holdbacks, outstanding payments, issues with data integrity, etc.
• Good verbal and written communication.
• Ability to work with and encourage a team oriented environment.
• Ability to respect confidentiality, demonstrated maturity, discretion, good judgment.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on Friday, October 26, 2012.
DATED: October 18, 2012
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful candidates will abide by Ontario Health & Safety Legislation and follow
Corporate Health & Safety Policies
The Town of Oakville is an equal opportunity employer
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3.