POSITION ID: 3026-001 CALL NO: 12-087 (CUPE1329)
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo skills assessment and/or testing with a minimum pass score of 70%.
Job Designation: Box Office/Administrative Clerk
Department: Recreation and Culture
Salary Range: $39,014 - $47,570
Pay Grade: 5
This position reports to the Theatre Manager, with day-to-day work coordinated by the Coordinator of Administration, Box Office and Systems. This position, working in a team environment with other full-time and part time box office and admin staff, is responsible for providing support and back up to the Coordinator of Administration, Box Office and Systems, and specific duties include:
• Process single and subscription ticket sales, including setting up single ticket events,
• Provide clients with support with online transactions, and make recommendations for related services (e.g. local restaurants, accommodations, parking, accessibility, etc.);
• Prepare and balance daily bank deposits;
• Provide front-line support for the Centre (by telephone & in person), answering general inquiries, providing support to customers purchasing tickets online, and pre-screening and orientation for rental clients;
• Assist the Coordinator of Administration, Box Office and Systems in providing administrative support to full-time staff including word processing, spreadsheets, rental contract processing;
• Compile sales statistics;
• Updating OCPA website;
• Filing, bulk mailing, faxing and special events help including support for members’ and volunteer events;
• Order supplies and assist in office inventory control;
• Must be willing to work shifts (including days, evenings and weekends) on a rotational basis, depending on operational need;
• Other duties as assigned.
Secondary school graduation plus a minimum of one-year related box office experience. Prior experience compiling daily cash reports and preparing bank deposits is required for this position. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Computer experience, specifically familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, and Corporate Information Systems is required. The successful candidate must possess exceptional organizational skills and have the ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must also possess exceptional front-line customer service skills that demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with the public and staff. Testing in core skills will be a part of the interview process. Please note that successful candidates, who are new hires and/or who have not performed in this position previously will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on November 19, 2012.
DATED: November 12, 2012
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful candidates will abide by Ontario Health & Safety Legislation and follow Corporate Health & Safety Policies.
The Town of Oakville is an equal opportunity employer
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3.