POSITION ID: 3240-003 CALL NO. 12-089 (CUPE 1329)
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment.
Job Designation: Helpdesk Support Technician
Department: Information Systems and Solutions
Salary Range: $ 51,366 - $ 62,656
Pay Grade: 8
• Assist all Corporate users with problems relating to peripheral devices (printers, monitors, PC’s, etc.) and software applications (Microsoft Office), Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows 7 / XP), and Microsoft Networking etc.
• Answer technical help desk calls in a pleasant manner and aim for first point resolution. This will entail general working knowledge of all Corporate software/hardware packages.
• Assist in the support of Corporate field mobile technologies. This work will include configuration, training, deployment and post deployment support of mobile field hardware and software.
• Monitor staff self-created help desk tickets and action and/or route issues for resolution.
• Monitor, setup and support meeting room technologies for Corporate meetings.
• Provide technical support to clients in the advanced use of software applications, including guidance regarding the appropriate tools to solve particular problems and how to operate the standard suite of office automation products.
• Full documentation and/ tracking of trouble calls.
• Isolate and resolve problems related to users, network, PC’s, workstations etc. through discussions with the user.
• Actively identify and analyze help desk trends by capturing historical information through a Problem Ticketing system in order to resolve ongoing problems.
• Identify, access, and build knowledge base that contributes to knowledge and solution development.
• Perform 1st and 2nd level support for Client software and hardware issues and diagnose potential areas of failure.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Note: Please be aware that there may be a future requirement for evening and/or weekend shifts.
• Completion of a two-year college diploma in Information Technologies Support Services or equivalent with specialized training in related technologies such as Help Desk solutions.
• 2 years of experience in a formalized help desk operation.
• Knowledge of “Help Desk” software and associated Knowledge Base systems.
• Strong working knowledge of application software and hardware including the Microsoft Office Suite of Products, Microsoft Operating Systems and Networking. This includes an understanding of how these applications interact with the hardware platform, and other software in the environment.
• Experience in Windows XP/Windows 7 Professional operating systems.
• Ability to identify issues and capabilities of each O/S. (i.e. Drivers, configurations).
• Operation Systems Certification.
• Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills, particularly when the requester doesn’t know what is wrong.
• Proven communication and interpersonal skills with evidence of proficiency in both verbal and written communication.
• Demonstrated ability in the areas of customer service and relationship building.
• Ability to work successfully as a team member within an unstructured environment.
• A+ (Hardware Maintenance) Certification would be an asset.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on November 19, 2012.
DATED: November 12, 2012
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3