CALL NO. (Part-Time)
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment and/or testing.
Job Designation: Fitness Instructor (Part-Time)
Department: Recreation and Culture
Salary Range: $22.70 - $31.67, Pilates $47.51
To provide facility members and patrons with safe and effective fitness classes tailored to a variety of individual fitness levels and limitations. To professionally represent the facility in dealing with Fitness Centre users including enforcement of regulations and protocols, participant assistance and technique correction, incident/emergency action, conflict resolution and marketing of fitness classes. To make recommendations to the Fitness Coordinator based on observations and user feedback as to types of fitness classes, operations, and policy. To professionally correspond with the Facility Operators and Front Desk Staff to ensure the smooth operation of the Department including Fitness Centre maintenance and customer service issues.
• Monitor fitness classes participants for the appropriateness of the program content and level
• Ensure the on-site safety of participants.
• Customer Service (welcoming, conduct, communication)
• Other duties as assigned.
• Emergency First Aid and CPR
• Certification from a recognized fitness association
• Experience in a specialized area is an asset: Stability Ball, Kettle Bell, TRX, Bosu, Pilates, Yoga, Older Adults
• The candidate must present a satisfactory criminal records check with vulnerable sector screening prior to commencing the position
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca
in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on December 31, 2012
DATED: November 28, 2012
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3