This posting is restricted to current Town of Oakville employees only
POSITION ID: 1405-011 CALL NO. 12-108 (Non-Union)
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment and/or testing.
Job Designation: Executive Assistant to the Mayor’s Office
Reporting to: Chief of Staff, Mayor’s Office
Department: Office of the Mayor and Council
Pay Grade: 2
Salary Range: $50,439 - $60,550
The incumbent will provide a broad range of services, including customer service, calendar management, event and meeting logistics and administrative support to the Mayor and the Mayor’s Office.
• Provides administrative and secretarial support to the Mayor’s Office, including the processing of mail, preparation of correspondence and confidential items, answering and screening phone calls, records management and processing corporate documents.
• Monitors and responds to all incoming communications for the Mayor to ensure that issues are dealt with in a timely fashion, recognizing the urgency/priority of each issue, which will include forwarding communications to the appropriate individuals.
• Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the contact relationship management database by entering data, tracking follow-up items with the Mayor or staff, and generating reports and analysis to ensure timely and accurate follow up/responses as appropriate. May be required to contact departments to determine if the work was done.
• Coordinates calendar scheduling in close consultation with the Mayor. Undertakes meeting logistics (timing, location bookings, attendee invites, etc.). Independently follows up on appointments on a timely basis to ensure full scope and details related to the event are available for the Mayor. Prepares itineraries and briefing material, as needed. Resolves, with the staff in the office of the Mayor, conflicting priorities. Forwards notices to members of Council when events cannot be accommodated.
• Schedules and chairs weekly calendar and meeting requests meetings with Mayor and staff in the Mayor’s Office while alerting either to urgent requests on a daily basis.
• Attends meetings with the Mayor, taking notes on issues raised, as required.
• Provides support to the other staff in the Mayor’s Office in maintaining good corporate and public image of the Mayor’s Office, which may include responding to requests for information, answering complaints, processing requests for souvenirs, etc.
• Initiates and co-ordinates the production of official mayoral documents including birthday and anniversary certificates, proclamations and citizen/team recognition awards. Also co-ordinates related details with staff in other departments as necessary.
• Provides assistance and support to the other staff in the Mayor’s Office when required and assists with Mayor’s initiatives and events.
• Informs the Chief of Staff of matters requiring the attention of the Mayor’s Office.
• Arranges for members of Council to represent the Mayor as required.
• Greets visitors, dignitaries and school tour groups.
• Responsible for all travel arrangements for the Mayor and Chief of Staff, and ensures all expense claims are processed.
• Creates, maintains and organizes the Mayor’s confidential files/records and management systems.
• Performs other duties as required.
• This position requires a Community College diploma in Office Administration, Secretarial Services or equivalent, with education at a college or university level in political science, journalism, social media or related fields viewed as an asset. Experience in a political environment an asset.
• A minimum of 3 years of office experience that provide knowledge of general office procedures, as well as experience with office software such as word processing, databases and spreadsheets is required. Familiarity with Web based applications and Social Media preferred.
• Demonstrated excellence in written communication skills and organizational and time management skills are required.
• Excellence in customer service, attention to detail and accuracy are essential in all written and verbal communications to obtain/exchange information with staff, members of Council, the media, consultants, other government bodies, outside agencies and the public.
• As first point of contact in the Mayor’s Office, exemplary tact and diplomacy are required in all dealings with members of the public, elected officials, town staff and staff of other levels of government, including those that are highly politically sensitive.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca
in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on December 7, 2012.
DATED: November 30, 2012.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3