Summer Camp Coordinators (9 positions)
POSITION TITLE: SUMMER PROGRAM COORDINATOR - AREA
REPORTS TO: Recreation Assistant
DATE: Revised December 2012
To assist the Recreation Assistant and the Recreation Supervisor in the operation, delivery and evaluation of the Tow of Oakville Summer Camp Programs and provide supervision and leadership to the Senior Leaders and Program Play Leaders.
1. To train, supervise, guide and evaluate the Senior Leader and Program Play Leaders in their program planning capacity and its implementation for program participants.
2. To support the objectives and philosophies of the Summer Program as established by the Recreation and Culture Department.
3. To adhere to Department prescribed policies and procedures.
4. To support and promote the HIGH FIVE “principles of healthy child development”.
- To arrive at the program site, or designated summer office, in time to properly prepare for the day's program, meet with staff and start programs according to schedule.
- To meet with the Recreation Assistant at regularly scheduled times.
- To meet with the Senior Leader, on-site, at a regularly scheduled times and assist them, when necessary with program quality assurance issues.
- To ensure the continuing safety of all participants and staff while at the program and document all accidents/incidents immediately. All accident/incident reports and Worker Compensation forms must be received by the Department within 24 hours.
- To prepare and conduct appropriate leadership training for leadership staff prior to the commencement of programs and throughout the summer.
- To maintain accurate records and reports pertaining to all administrative matters associated with the leadership staff.
- To supervise with regularity, the leadership staff and evaluate the program design and delivery to ensure they are upholding Department programs policies, procedures, standards and safety and the HIGH FIVE Principles of “Healthy Child Development.
- To initiate and monitor progressive discipline of staff and participants as required.
- To resolve major emergencies, incidents, behavior and conduct issues, beyond the scope of the Senior Leader’s function, of staff and participants, in accordance to acceptable procedures.
- To ensure appropriate staff allocation and placement at Sizzler locations and that staff qualifications are current.
- To administer the cheque distribution to leadership staff, via the Recreation Assistant.
- To coordinate the distribution of all necessary program materials and supplies and pertinent information to leadership staff and act as a knowledgeable resource for them.
- To deal effectively with the coworkers, leadership staff, participants and the public at large.
- To ensure that all persons attending are properly registered and recorded on class lists and necessary medical information and emergency contact names are correct and available. Waitlist and refund requests are handled in a timely manner.
- To attend all weekly staff meetings and conduct a weekly Area meeting with the support of the Recreation Assistant.
- To immediately notify the Recreation Assistant of any problem(s) and/or recommendations regarding staff, participants, parents, facilities or contract services which may affect the program.
- In collaboration with the on-site Senior Leader, prepare and present staff performance appraisals.
- To ensure all paper work including vehicle circle checks and a formal yearend report are completed in a timely and professional manner and submitted to the Recreation Assistant.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Recreation Assistant and or the Recreation Supervisor.
Must hold a current First Aid Certificate at the emergency level. Demonstrated child management ability. Demonstrated leadership ability. Demonstrated supervisory ability. HIGH FIVE Healthy Child Development and QUEST 2 Certifications. Produce a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check including a vulnerable sector check.
Must provide confirmation of post-secondary full time student status in current academic year and/or acceptance into full time studies the following September.
Must hold and provide a copy of a valid and unrestricted Ontario Driver’s License Class G2 minimum with a driving record that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behavior. Note: Applicants with 6 or more points are ineligible for consideration. Successful applicants will be required to provide the Corporation with a current drivers abstract (no older than 30 days) and all new hires will be required to pass a Town administered road test as a condition of employment.
The 9 available positions consist of:
Area Coordinator (3)
Special Needs - 1 on 1 Support Coordinator
Volunteer and Pack and Play Coordinator
Leader In Training Coordinator (2)
Supply and Offgrounds Coordinator
Teen Adventure Program Coordinator
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca
in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on Friday, January 25, 2013. DATED
: December 17, 2012
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3