POSITION ID: TBD CALL NO. 12-112 (CUPE 1329)
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment.
Job Designation: Research Policy Analyst - Air
Environmental Policy Salary Range:
$60,598 - $73,912
Pay Grade: 10
This posting is restricted to current
Town of Oakville employees only
Reporting to the Director of Environmental Policy, this position takes a management role in the implementation of air quality and health protection and environmental initiatives within the department. The position is involved in all aspects of the implementation of the Health Protection Air Quality (HPAQ) By-law 10-035, air quality and environmental issues management, and stakeholder, community and public relations. Considerable initiative and acuity will be required to support effective job function.
• Manages implementation of HPAQB and other air quality and environment programs including documentation, reporting and auditing requirements, and providing technical guidance and by-law interpretation
• Assists in the functional development of the data management requirements to support the implementation of the HPAQB
• Interprets health and air quality scientific and statistical data, carries out analyses and prepares statistical summary reports related to the requirements of the Health Protection Air Quality By-law and other air quality assessment issues management
• Monitors and administers the HPAQB to provide guidance to stakeholders to support compliance, to determine facility/emitter compliance, to assess the effectiveness of the by-law and air quality improvement initiatives including data analysis and reporting, and preparing policy, project or initiative proposals
• Undertakes research and policy development in areas of health protection related to air quality and air quality including best practices, policy options, and strategies to improve performance within the Town and community
• Develops research proposals for the application of air quality improvement options and implementation across departments and external agencies
• Coordinates acceptance monitoring of the HPAQB and other air quality improvement initiatives such as policies and projects with representatives of stakeholders and Town departments
• Develops, plans and coordinates air quality and environmental public and internal outreach programs as required to support the HPAQB and Town air quality and environmental programs
• Prepares presentations/reports regarding health and air quality/environment topics.
• Supports information dissemination, training and communication activities to support health and air quality/environment policy, project and initiatives
• Responds to information requests, concerns and complaints regarding air quality and environmental issues from individuals or stakeholders
Assists with energy and other data management activities to support departmental strategic policy development and monitoring, measuring and reporting on outcomes
• Participates on committees and working groups to support effective health and air quality and environmental issues management
• Performs other duties as assigned such as assisting with environmental file management on brownfields projects, and emerging issues.
• Minimum of 4 year university degree or college diploma in air quality management and/or technology/environment integrated with business, marketing, communications or relevant supporting discipline
• Minimum of three years of experience related to implementing air quality emissions management/environment or related programs preferably related to the Ontario Ministry of Environment Certificate of Approvals Air application and evaluation processes
• Highly organized with a strong project management skills and ability to focus on detail
• Well-developed time management skills are essential
• Strong computer proficiency, adept at MS Access databases, Excel spreadsheets and internet research skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and acuity to effectively engage public, staff and Council members, with demonstrated team leadership ability
• Excellent written, research and verbal communication skills are requirements
• Ability to work independently is essential with demonstrated resourcefulness, and creative and strategic thinking to develop innovative solutions Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on Thursday, January 3, 2013.
DATED: Tuesday, December 18, 2012
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful candidates will abide by Ontario Health & Safety Legislation and follow Corporate Health & Safety Policies.
The Town of Oakville is an equal opportunity employer
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3