POSITION ID: 4830-004, 4830-006, 4830-007 CALL NO. 12-113 (CUPE 136)
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment.
Job Designation: Leadhand Facilities (up to 3 vacancies)
Department: Recreation and Culture
Salary Range: $29.53 per hour (probationary rate)
$29.83 per hour (fulltime rate)
Pay Grade: Band 7
Preference will be given to existing
CUPE 136 members in Facility Operations
The Lead Hand Facilities is a working leadhand role and assists the Manager and/or Supervisor in the planning and scheduling of all resources necessary to carry out and maintain facility operations and programs.
The specific duties of the position are:
• Liaises with Manager or Supervisor in the planning and scheduling of work to be done;
• Provides direction to other members of the work crew, while working with the crew in the accomplishment of assigned programs;
• Monitors the daily plant operation of the refrigeration system, rooftop units and controls maintenance and repair of pumps, filters and all other equipment and whirlpool (where and when applicable);
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date logs for refrigeration system, pools, maintenance supplies, fire prevention equipment, pool chemicals (where and when applicable);
• Performs general handy person jobs and repairs;
• Assists the Manager or Supervisor in the preparation and removal of ice from the arena complex;
• Assists with the training of employees (Operators) in the safe and efficient performance of their duties;
• Keeps the Manager or Supervisor informed on all on-going activities and makes suggestions for changes in work methods which will increase efficiency and be cost effective;
• Monitors the inventory and control of concession operations and makes recommendations to the Manager on purchases;
• Provides high quality customer service contact and assists the public within the building;
• Assists the Manager or Supervisor with scheduling of part-time concession staff and facility attendants.
• Investigates and responds to inquiries/complaints from public, suppliers, and contractors;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School graduation plus successful completion of Basic Refrigeration Certification, Propane Certificate, CPR and First Aid Certificates and pool operator course.
• 3.5 years of experience directly related to facility maintenance operations and customer service. Experience with scheduling and inventory management is an asset
• Proven experience in directing and assigning work to others, including training and monitoring work performance. Strong leadership, conflict resolution and public relations skills
• Demonstrated effective communication, both oral and written skills.
• Possess effective customer service skills required to deal with others including the public, co-workers, contractors and suppliers.
• Proficient time management skills and flexibility in adjusting between a variety of duties.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team. Ability to assess and problem solve.
• Demonstrated experience in general repairs, maintenance and mechanical operations in addition to possessing a working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and an understanding of health & safety issues relevant to the operation of equipment used for daily activities are requirements.
• Please note that successful candidates, who are new hires and/or who have not performed in this position previously will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record and vulnerable sector screening check dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment.
• Must hold and provide a copy of a valid and unrestricted Ontario Driver’s Licence Class G with a driving record that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behaviour. Note: Applicants with 6 or more points are ineligible for consideration. The successful applicant, who is a new hire, will be required to provide the Corporation with a current drivers abstract (no older than 30 days) and pass a Town administered road test as a condition of employment;
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on January 7, 2013
DATED: December 18, 2012
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful candidates will abide by Ontario Health & Safety Legislation and follow Corporate Health & Safety Policies.
The Town of Oakville is an equal opportunity employer
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H OH3.