POSITION ID: 3555-001 CALL NO: 12-109 (CUPE 1329)
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment with a minimum pass mark of 80%.
Job Designation: Recreation Coordinator - Aquatics
Department: Recreation and Culture
Salary Range: $65,213 - $79,526
Pay Grade: 11
This position reports to the Manager of Aquatic Services and is responsible for the development, implementation, supervision and evaluation of programs and services within an Aquatic facility. The Recreation Coordinator works non-standard hours and is responsible for the facility on a twenty-four hour basis including emergency call outs.
• Responsible for the entire facility and program operation of a designated location to meet the needs of the diverse and changing community.
• Works as a member of the Aquatics Leadership team, ensuring an effective level of high quality service.
• As a team member, selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates qualified and competent support staff and volunteers.
• Responsible for the provision of a wide range of safe enjoyable aquatic opportunities including learn to swim, leadership and general aquatic programs
• Responsible for the maintenance operation of the facility including; tracking of repairs and capital infrastructure program; hiring of contractors to complete work, purchasing of supplies and equipment and overseeing administration of maintenance contracts.
• Responsible for budget forecasting and management of a cost efficient facility.
• Ensures effective health, safety and risk management procedures are developed and adhered to.
• Communicates with community groups with aquatic interests.
• Promotes effective customer service initiatives, and promotions.
• Carries a pager and responds to emergencies for the Aquatic Services operation on a rotational basis.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Current within 2 years:
LSS Swim Instructor
L.S.S. Lifesaving Instructor
L.S.S. National Lifeguard Service Award
Standard First Aid and CPR ‘C’
L.S.S. Aquatic Supervisory Training
L.S.S. Examiner Status (to Bronze Cross)
Certification in recognized Pool Operations Course
Specialized Instructor Certifications and/or Trainer status: considered an asset
Completion of Post Secondary School with a Degree or Diploma in Recreation or a related discipline and two years aquatic supervisory experience are desirable.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on Wednesday, January 2, 2013.
DATED: Wednesday, December 19, 2012.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Successful candidates will abide by Ontario Health & Safety Legislation and follow Corporate Health & Safety Policies
The Town of Oakville is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3.