CALL NO. 12-090 (Non-Union)
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment.
Job Designation: Maintenance Supervisor
Department: Oakville Transit
Pay Grade: 6
Salary Range: $79,615 – $95,576
Duration: This is a contract position lasting up to 12 months.
Reporting to the Manager of Fleet and Maintenance, this position is being offered on a contract basis for approximately 12-months with Oakville Transit (Maintenance Division). Duties will include but not be restricted to:
• Prioritize, assign and supervise the work done by the licensed technicians, servicepersons, storeskeepers and utility cleaners.
• Provide technical assistance to the license technicians and servicepersons.
• Ensure proper scheduling of all maintenance programs for the fleet including those required by the Ministry of Transportation and the internal preventative maintenance programs.
• With the assistance of the manager, approve shifts, vacations and overtime for supervised staff.
• Supervisory responsibility for ensuring proper inventory levels and all purchasing of parts, fuel, and related items to maintain the fleet and operational equipment.
• Assist in arranging training programs to ensure staff and self are kept current with the changing technology.
• Liaison with the Facility Supervisor to ensure all environmental controls and building equipment in the Transit facility is functioning as they should and are properly maintained, and that all building codes and requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Ministry of Transportation are met.
• Open and close work orders, process purchase and contractual invoices using JD Edwards Computer software.
• Additional duties include researching products, meeting with suppliers, assisting with the development of specifications related to vehicle acquisitions, and actively participating on the Transit management team.
• Attendance at preproduction/pre-delivery inspection of new vehicles may require some out of town travel.
• Substituting for the Manager of Fleet and Maintenance during periods of absence as required.
• Work is on a shift basis covering up to a 7-day per week operation.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Applicants must have a valid Truck & Coach Technician license and an Automotive Service Technician license, and preferably a minimum 5 (five) years experience on bus or heavy truck equipment.
• Experience with Webasto auxiliary heaters would be an asset.
• Must have Air Conditioning experience and have a valid ODP (Ozone Depletion Prevention) card.
• This position requires excellent supervisory, interpersonal skills, communication skills, a good knowledge of computers and relevant applications and a good command of the English language.
• Must be resourceful and have initiative to work with little direction.
• Must possess valid and unrestricted Class A, B, or C Ontario driver’s license with a Z air brake endorsement and a driving record that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behaviour. Note: Applicants with 6 or more points are ineligible for consideration. The successful applicant will be required to provide the Corporation with a current drivers abstract (no older than 30 days) prior to assuming the position.
• Please note that successful candidates, who are new hires and/or who have not performed in this position previously will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on January 4, 2013.
DATED: December 19, 2012
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful candidates will abide by Ontario Health & Safety Legislation and follow Corporate Health & Safety Policies
The Town of Oakville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3.