This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment.
Job Designation: Concessionaire (Part Time)
Queen Elizabeth Park Community & Cultural Centre
Department: Recreation and Culture
Pay Grade: $10.25 - $10.55
Please include in your cover letter an outline of your skills and experience that corresponds to each of the qualifications and accountabilities of the job. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment.
Under the supervision of the Facility Supervisor, this position is responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the operation of the concession stand with an emphasis on food preparation, serving customers and maintaining a sanitary snack bar area. Duties also include cash handling, inventory and restocking of supplies. This position involves a variety of shifts including weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Principal duties include:
- Take customer orders.
- Receive payment for food purchases and make change if required.
- Maintain concession and equipment in an organized, clean manner at all times.
- Keep items well stocked and displayed in an appealing and organized manner.
- Prepare food and drink products.
- Clean concession and kitchen thoroughly before leaving.
- Ensure that daily inventory and sales reports are accurate and complete.
- Prepare daily deposits and floats.
- Complete daily concession paperwork.
- Deal courteously with public.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of cash registers and balancing of daily cash intake
- Strong mathematical skills
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Good communication skills to deal effectively with staff and public
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of concession and food beverage equipment (set up, operation, cleaning)
- Emergency first aid and/or CPR
Please note that successful candidates, who are new hires and/or who have not performed in this position previously will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca
in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on December 31, 2012
DATED: December 19, 2012
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3.