Job Type: 8101 Call No. 13-002PT
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment.
Job Designation: Maintenance Attendant (Part-Time)
Department: Recreation and Culture
Salary Range / Pay Grade: $10.25 - $10.55
Please include in your cover letter an outline of your skills and experience that corresponds to each of the qualifications and accountabilities of the job. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment.
Under the supervision of the Facilities Manager, the position performs duties related to facility maintenance and public skating patrol for an assigned arena or community centre, ensuring safe operation of the building. This position involves a variety of shifts including weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Principal duties include:
• Effectively patrol public skating with an emphasis on the safety of the patrons while promoting leisure
• Monitor access to public skating
• Skate among participants
• Enforce Safety Rules and Regulations
• Assist with maintenance and cleaning of community centre and/ arena including; swimming pool or arena, fitness areas (if applicable), meeting rooms/auditorium, lobby and washrooms, change rooms, viewing areas, and stairways
• Move and secure hockey nets
• Prepare and clean ice resurfacing machine
• Pool vacuuming
• Other duties as assigned
• Proficient ice skater
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to deal effectively with the public
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Good leadership and interpersonal skills
• Experience in a facility operations environment
• Knowledge of cleaning procedures
• Emergency first aid and/or CPR
Please note that successful candidates, who are new hires and/or who have not performed in this position previously will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment.
Successful applicants will be expected to provide their own ice skates, green patch work boots and purchase the Town of Oakville Uniform.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on December 31, 2013.
DATED: January 9, 2013
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful candidates will abide by Ontario Health & Safety Legislation and follow Corporate Health & Safety Policies
The Town of Oakville is an equal opportunity employer
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3