Job ID: 8260 CALL NO. 13-006PT
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment.
Job Designation: Transit Office Services Clerk (Part Time)
Department: Transit Department
Salary Range: $11.32 - $14.15
• Part time clerk position, up to 24 hours per week, varying shifts (may include some weekends)
• Answer telephone inquires from customers and the general public and log complaints
• Provide transit information and assist customers with transit trip planning over the telephone
• Use general and specialized office computer applications to generate correspondence, input to spreadsheets, bookings for care-A-van (para transit system) and communicate internally as well as externally with other town staff
• Maintain lost and found inventory
• Provide back-up to other front line positions in the office as required during periods of absence
• Perform other clerical functions including filing and general office duties
• Provide back up for Revenue Room Clerk
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum of Grade 12 education plus 2 years clerical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Good verbal and written communication, public relations and exceptional organization skills are preferred attributes
• Must be able to deal effectively with the public in person or over the telephone and be able to apply common sense, use good judgment, be courteous, and discrete to ensure customer satisfaction at all times
• This position requires the ability and skill to deal with customers with special needs
• Must have an excellent command of the English language, both written and oral
• Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
• The successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, possess superior time management skills and be a team player
• Should also have an excellent knowledge of the streets and major points of interest (buildings, malls, medical centers, etc.) in Oakville
• Some transit or customer service experience would be an asset
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on February 6, 2013.
DATED: January 30, 2013
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful candidates will abide by Ontario Health & Safety Legislation and follow Corporate Health & Safety Policies.
The Town of Oakville is an equal opportunity employer
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resources, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3.