Reporting to the Manager, Facilities Maintenance and Repairs, the Facilities Planning Coordinator will be the primary point of contact for all departments, and will provide project coordination for furniture and space planning requests and installations town wide. This position will also provide AutoCAD (drawing) support to the FCM department (all three divisions).Managing furniture requirements for all town departments, including:
• Determine department furniture needs through consultation with staff.
• Provide furniture layouts for department review and approval.
• Ensure electrical, data and communications are installed to suit layout.
• Coordinate any changes to electrical and data for furniture install through external contractors.
• Manage furniture disposal.
• Manage furniture orders: coordinate design with furniture supplier, track furniture order, coordinate installation with user group, supervise installation and follow up with deficiencies.
• Ensure adherence to and make recommendations regarding corporate design standards and applicable codes.
• Coordinate furniture supply and install for all new construction projects.
• Review architectural and electrical drawings for new construction projects with respect to furniture installs to ensure electrical, data and communication ports are designed to suit furniture layout.
• Establish and maintain an inventory of existing furniture across the corporation.
• Responsible for the financial control of furniture install projects, including related reporting to Manager and client group.
• Maintain detailed project documentation and budget administration.
• Community college diploma or university degree in interior design, architectural technologist or architecture with a minimum of 3 years related experience.
• Must have a good knowledge of legislation pertaining to accessibility, the OBC, and other applicable legislation.
• Knowledge of the town’s furniture and space standard as well as standards in accessibility, sustainable construction , environmental policy and the town’s Purchasing bylaw would be an asset.
• Experience in the interpretation of construction drawings, legal surveys, specifications and contract documents with experience in various types of construction projects (architectural / structural / mechanical / electrical).
• Knowledge of systems furniture and systems furniture solutions.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to multi-task. Must be able to manage many different projects effectively, working with designers, suppliers, contractors and client groups, with a proven ability to meet the constraints of time, budget and scope.
• Experience in facility planning and office layout and demonstrated project management experience with office fit-ups including good working knowledge of systems furniture design and application.
• Demonstrated creativity and originality in choosing / recommending products, materials, reviewing proposed furniture layouts, etc.
• Ability to forecast and provide alternate solutions to scheduling issues to minimize impact on staff.
• High proficiency in AutoCAD 2007(or above), Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Must possess good oral and written communication skills for presentations and reports and be able to facilitate team meetings.
• Able to create concise written project documentation and keep accurate, organized project files.
• Project management courses and PMP certification is an advantage.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca
in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on Friday, February 8, 2013.