POSITION ID: 3375-002 CALL NO. 13-008 (CUPE 1329)
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment and/or testing with a minimum pass mark of 80%.
Job Designation: Asset Management Application Analyst
Department: Finance – Financial Operations – Asset Management
Salary Range: $60, 598 - $73,912
Pay Grade: 10
This position reports to the Manager, Asset Management Program. The Town is currently undergoing the implementation of an Asset Management Program utilizing multiple JD Edwards (CIS) modules to meet the service request, inventory and work order management needs of the Town’s business units. This position is responsible for the application and analytical support of the Town’s JD Edwards (CIS) Capital Asset Management (CAM) and Inventory (INV) modules, which integrates with other JDE modules such as payroll, general ledger, accounts payable, purchasing and fixed assets. This includes taking the lead in CAM implementations to new business units and ongoing support and analysis of current installations.
• This position provides CAM (Work Orders, Contract Billing, Service Billing) and INV application support to business units, monitoring application integrity and ensuring users are following procedures and processes as designed.
• Manage user application and CAM and INV process support calls, prioritizing urgency between the needs of customers, escalating advanced technical issues to IS & S
• Project and implementation support of new CAM installations ensuring the integrity of integrated systems and processes are not compromised. Consideration of best practices, internal control and accounting standards.
• Lead business units in the development of the CAM solution
• Assist in the design of the CAM solution, configure and test JDE solutions
• Trend opportunity analysis as it relates to the Town’s, service requests and work orders
• Finance liaison in maintaining the integrity of the corporate equipment master within JDE asset management modules.
• Finance liaison in maintaining the integrity of Service Billing and Contract Billing from Work Orders.
• Periodic monthly, quarterly and annual review of outstanding work orders, to ensure timely closure, and review of variances as it relates to work orders, estimated vs. actual costs
• Assist and train business units in setting up preventative maintenance, warranty contracts and work order functionality within JDE
• Analysis and report to provide information for decision making or budget support with regard to life cycle costing, service life or condition assessments of equipment
• Analysis and report on performance indicators or measures corporately and by program/business unit as defined for Inventory and Capital Asset Management Program
• Assist in preparation of any legislative operating reporting requirements as it relates to equipment on behalf of business units, as requested
• Follow and promote best practices for asset management, assisting in any asset policy requirements, maximizing the service requests, inventory and work order functionality
• Work with business units to identify process opportunities and efficiencies as it relates to asset management
• Assist with the preparation and development of reports as requested by departments, and assist in analysis.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Applicant should have a three-year College diploma or University degree in Business Administration/Accounting and Computer Science Technology and be actively pursuing an accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA) with minimum mid-level completed, and at least 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in an financial or systems position in an integrated system workplace. Proficiency in JD Edwards with direct experience in the utilization of an asset management solution in a public entity or private firm is essential. EXCEL, PowerPoint, Word, etc. is essential. Strong analytical, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are essential, with a strong internal customer service focus. Understanding of best business practices, internal control principles and accounting standards. Applicants must be able to work independently in a team setting and be able to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca
in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on Friday, February 8, 2013
DATED: February 1, 2013
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3