POSITION ID: 7320-001 Call No. 13-009 (CAW 1256)
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment.
Job Designation: Utility Cleaner
Department: Oakville Transit
Salary Range / Pay Grade: $21.22 (probationary employee rate)
$23.44 (after 500 hours rate)
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this position is being offered as a permanent full-time staff complement to the Transit Department (Maintenance Division).Duties will include but not be restricted to:
• Work is performed in accordance with established practice and procedures. Works primarily under the direction and guidance of the Maintenance Supervisor and Manager.
• Cleans interior and exterior of buses and other equipment using manual or mechanical devices.
• Readying the Transit fleet for next day’s service by refueling, topping up engine/transmission/coolant and windshield washer fluids. Emptying the end of day cash revenues, down loading fare box data using the GFI probe.
• Performs general shop cleanup, trash collection and recycling duties.
• Required to back fill vacancies such for vacation and absences as required.
• Picks up parts from suppliers, deliver and pick-up buses when required.
• Clean bus shelters when required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of High School education or acceptable equivalent in education and experience.
• Work is on a shift basis covering up to a 7-day per week operation.
• Ideally will be TSSA Site Operator Certified or must be capable of obtaining certification as a condition of employment.
• Must have a valid certificate to operate a fork lift or successfully obtain as a condition of employment.
• General mechanical knowledge of an urban transit bus would be an asset.
• Must be resourceful and have initiative to work with little supervision.
• Must possess valid and unrestricted Class A, B, or C Ontario driver’s license with a Z air brake endorsement and a driving record that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behaviour. Note: Applicants with 6 or more points are ineligible for consideration. The successful applicant will be required to provide the Corporation with a current drivers abstract (no older than 30 days) prior to assuming the position.
Hours of Work:
40 hours/week. Varying shift work including weekends, evenings and days as required.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on February 12, 2013.
DATED: February 5, 2013
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3.