POSITION ID: 3235-001 CALL NO.13-003 (CUPE 1329)
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment and/or testing with a minimum pass mark of 80%.
Job Designation: Development Finance Clerk
Department: Financial Planning
Salary Range: $51,366 - $62,656
Pay Grade: 8
This position is re-posted due to a correction in educational requirements. Candidates who have previously applied to the Development Finance Clerk vacancy (Call No.13-003) posted from January 25, 2013 to February 1, 2013 need not re-apply, as your application will still be under consideration.
Reporting to the Manager, Development Financing and Investments, this position will be responsible for:
Coordinating and administering Development Related Security, deposits and other financial obligations on behalf of the Town:
Ensuring all securities, deposits and other financial obligations received comply with Town policy and criteria
- Recording, tracking and reporting on development related cash deposits, Letters of Credit or other performance assurance documents utilizing the Town’s software system (AMANDA)
- Processing, reviewing and ensuring the accuracy of authority documents related to security renewals, reductions, cancellations and draws
- Coordinate the billing and collection of Development Charges (DC) on behalf of the Town, Region of Halton and area School Boards:
Communicating with and providing guidance to internal and external customers regarding the interpretation of the DC By-Laws
Accurately calculating and billing DC’s utilizing the Town’s software for this purpose
Ensuring development charge bylaws are complied with and the applicable legislation is consistently applied to development, including consulting with the other departments and government agencies as necessary
Recording and reporting on DC payments, credits and other development information
Preparation of DC related agreements
- Liaise with the Town’s Information Technology department as necessary to resolve AMANDA system issues or initiate opportunities to improve processes/systems
- Preparation of compliance letters for financial obligations associated with development agreements
- Preparation of financial release and discharge documents related to subdivision agreements
- Support Parkland contribution and collection process
- Collect Compliance Fees
- Backs up the duties of the section’s Financial Analyst in their absence
- Preparation of brochures, templates, and other documents for circulation and placement on the Town’s web site
- Preparation of accounting entries, ad hoc reports and analysis as required
- Completion of a 2 year College diploma in Business Administration or Accounting
- 2 to 3 years’ relevant work experience in an integrated financial system workplace preferably with a municipality
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word with preference to those candidates with advanced spreadsheet capabilities
- Good working knowledge of J.D. Edwards and/or AMANDA corporate computer systems would be an asset
- Strong analytical, communication (oral and written), time management and interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team, including the flexibility to adjust between a variety of duties and shifting priorities
- Please note that successful candidates, who are new hires and/or who have not performed in this position previously will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca
in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on February 14, 2013.
DATED: February 7, 2013.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3