Position ID: 3955-001 CALL NO. 13-023 (CUPE 1329)
This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo skills assessment and/or testing with a minimum pass score of 75%.
Job Designation: Data Architect
Department: Information Systems + Solutions
Salary Range: $74,459 - $90,797
Pay Grade: 13
This senior position under general direction by the Manager of Application Support is responsible for ensuring that the data assets of the organization are supported by an architecture enabling the organization to achieve its strategic goals. This position will develop a unified way of documenting and managing enterprise data across the entire organization and will be responsible for ensuring policies and data standards are developed. This individual will collaborate with process owners, business managers, technical staff, application developers, business analysts and external vendors to leverage the use of data and data strategies across a full spectrum of business needs.
• Lead a data governance steering committee that is intended to build collaboration within the organization to ensure a formalized process for managing data.
• Integrate data governance into all solution designs.
• Create a data governance quality management process that is inclusive of both quantitative and qualitative metrics.
• Ensure compliance to any regulatory requirements.
• Define the large and small scale data architecture for the organization.
• Create and manage a long term roadmap for a data warehouse.
• Design and build relational databases and data warehouse for centralized data storage, processing or access
• Design and build Data Marts/Data cubes for reporting and integrations
• Design Geospatial Data Layers
• Implement and maintain the Metadata standard and tools to be used by the corporation to manage and retrieve Technical, Business and Process metadata.
• Implement and maintain an easy to use metadata repository to provide open access to internal staff and external clients.
Data Standards/Security/Retention and Stewardship
• Create and implement a data management strategy, including policies and procedures, set refresh cycles, and statistical reporting for achieving and maintaining high data quality.
• Ensure that new systems, solutions and data integration implementations adhere to approved data management practices, policies and procedures.
• Coordinate the placing of data on-premise or in the Cloud to align with business strategies.
• Develop and maintain a data security strategy.
• Execute audits periodically to ensure that data is being properly managed on premise and in the Cloud and that legal or security requirements are consistently being met.
• Create the roadmap to enable enterprise integration in collaboration with internal staff and external vendors.
• Review all solution design plans at the conception stage.
• Review existing integrations.
Completion of a four year Degree in Computer Science. A minimum of seven (7) years related experience in database enterprise architecture administration, data modeling and integration is required. Must have excellent command of the English language, written and oral, coupled with strong consulting skills. Must be creative, resourceful, have initiative to perform under general direction. Highly developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Proven ability to lead effectively in a team environment and manage multiple projects with varying schedules.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on Friday April 26, 2013.
DATED: April 5, 2013
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected from applications and resumes is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services, 1225 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, Ontario L6H 0H3.