POSITION TITLE: Senior Quality Assurance Analyst DIVISION: Information Technology DEPARTMENT: IT Operations REPORTS TO: Manager, Testing Services and Environment Provisioning SALARY GRADE AND RANGE: Grade 8 ($62,560 - $78,200) Salary commensurate with experience CLOSING DATE: November 28, 2012
To lead test efforts and/or test resources for assigned (multiple concurrent) projects working with other Testing Services personnel. The senior Quality Assurance analyst will be responsible for all aspects of the Testing lifecycle and its deliverables for OLG projects. In addition, the position is responsible to conduct and coordinate the activities of Test analysts participating on projects for OLG and vendor development efforts, ensuring that software and systems meet defined end-user (functional) and system (non-functional) requirements.
Major Responsibility Areas:
· Manage the defined QA processes to ensure all standards are met · Manage multiple test schedules for project and maintenance development to meet project timelines · Responsible for determining and managing the work of other QA representatives, plus coaching and mentoring junior members of the team to best practices · Determine QA Work Breakdown Structure components for team members · Participate in release meetings for maintenance and development projects ensuring all requirements pertaining to testing are met · Analyze project or requirement documents to identify test requirements · Develop Test Strategy and Plan for the applications (e.g. test approach, identify environment, identify tools, etc) · Determine the types of testing required for each project · Develop the Test Case documents according to the Master Test Plan/Test Strategy · Conduct walkthrough of appropriate QA test documents(e.g. Master Test Plan, Quality Plan) for project team prior to execution · Lead/direct overall Test Phase from planning to closure. Identify necessary teams to successfully complete the Test Phase · Coordinate/Document actual test results, provide status reports and manage and track all issues found related to the testing lifecycles. · Walk through the Test Results with the Team and communicate status to Project leaders · Facilitate triage of defects · Assist in defect investigation and escalation · Use defined/new methodologies and software to test new technologies/system functionality of moderate to complex systems · Collaborate with other areas within IT to identify and improve testing tools and approaches · Use QA software tools for defect management, regression or automation testing · Work closely with regulators (AGCO) to share testing strategies and test results · Work closely with service providers to develop testing strategies, coordinate testing activities and managing issue resolution by the service provider
This position requires a minimum:
· University degree or equivalent combination of education and minimum 7+ years experience in the relevant field · 7 years of professional QA experience in testing activities for all phases of the testing lifecycle in a medium to large IT web-based and/or client/server environment, consisting of multiple platforms · Professional with experience on multiple projects with multiple interfaces and/or 3rd parties · Experience liaising between vendor and key business groups with respect to all levels of testing · Proven leadership and mentoring capabilities. · Advanced project management knowledge (issues / resources / schedules / negotiation/ conflict resolution) · Strong judgment and the ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce · Excellent communication skills (verbal, written) and ability to work effectively with various levels of staff, management and external partners · Excellent knowledge of testing concepts, verification and validation techniques, defect management, risk management and measurement programs · Ability to multi-task to accomplish workload efficiently. Excellent time management. · Excellent analytical, problem solving and planning ability
Excellent knowledge testing some of the following applications/database and technologies that utilize: · Black box testing strategies · Test Management and Defect Tracking tool experience on HP Quality Center or others mandatory · Functional/Regression Testing experience · Programming experience on C/C++/C# is an asset · Programming experience on Java and Flash is an asset · Experience writing HTML and HTML5 is an asset · Knowledgeable and have experience with technologies such as Web Services, Java, J2EE, JSPs, EJBs, .NET, etc
- IT Standards, QA Methodologies, SDLC, CMM
· Familiar with database management and design is an asset · Experience with Performance/Load Testing is an asset · Experience writing SQL is an asset
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
· Successful candidate may require Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) registration
Please apply on-line at our website www.OLG.ca, no later than 5:00 PM on the closing date, quoting File #HR12-161.