Solutions Delivery Analyst - DART Team
Sault Ste. Marie, ON, CANADA;
Accounting and Finance ; Accountant
Recruitment and Staffing
Job Career Level:
Year(s) of Experience:
Number Of Positions:
Nov 15, 2012
POSITION TITLE: Solutions Delivery Analyst (DART Team)
FILE #: HR12-150
LOCATION: Sault Ste. Marie SALARY GRADE AND RANGE: Level 5 ($41,840 - $52,300)
Salary to commensurate with experience
CLOSING DATE: November 29, 2012
Perform business requirements analysis, produce detailed design specifications, develop and test software to support the implementation of business solutions to meet the business requirements. Provide customer support (consulting on questions or inquiries about enhancements, possible problems or explanations) on the portfolio of supported systems. Provide 3rd tier support to applications to the service level expectations of the customers (could require 24*7 support)
Major Responsibility Areas:
- Develop applications (software, procedures, etc) for new solutions from Solution Assessment to final implementation following the current SDLC standards.
- Perform Detailed Data and System Analysis based on Project/business requirements.
- Revise and develop applications for enhancement and maintenance projects. Design, code, test and debug all software and procedures.
- Create all required system documentation for new and revised programs, environments and data structures. Evaluate and recommend solutions.
- Participate in reviews (design, code, etc), Provide Tier 3 support/maintenance to production systems, as required
- Train Operations and customers on new or revised applications, systems, environment setup or procedures as they relate to implementing and operating the Solution. Help with the development, setup, planning and refining project environments required for development and testing by working with Environment Analysts, Technology Infrastructure Analysts and Operations.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and new technologies. Develop new skills as OLG adapts new technologies and visions
This position requires a minimum:
- Post Secondary education in Information Technology or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in software development/systems development lifecycle in a medium to large development shop
- Strong skills working in a team environment, adaptable, flexible
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written including technical writing)
- Proven ability to work under pressure and on multiple assignments
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to plan work assignments and display strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of steps of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Data mining/data analytics skills and experience
- SQL skills
- Experience with organizing, sorting and filtering data in order to distinguish patterns and recognize trends.
Working knowledge of some of the following software development languages: C, C++, PowerBuilder , Object Oriented Technology SQL Query & Reporting tools (i.e. Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Rapid SQL), Databases (i.e. Sybase, DB2, and MS SQL Server). Operating Systems (i.e. Windows, Unix, VMS), Messaging Systems (i.e. IBM WebSphere MQ Operating Systems)
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: · Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) registration is required
Please apply on-line, no later than 5:00 PM on the closing date, quoting File #HR12-150. The preferred method of submission is on-line, however resumes can also be sent to:
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation 70 Foster Drive,
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.