Toronto, ON, CANADA;
Legal ; Other Legal Jobs, Security and Surveillance ; Corrections
Government and Public Sector
Job Career Level:
Nov 20, 2012
POSITION TITLE: Regional Investigator FILE#: HR12-171
DIVISION: Office of Player Protection
DEPARTMENT: General Investigations
REPORTS TO: Manager, General Investigations
STATUS: Part-time - Contract
SALARY GRADE AND RANGE: Grade 6 ($25.01 - $37.52 per hour)
CLOSING DATE: December 4, 2012
The General Investigations Team conducts lottery investigations in accordance with OLG’s Rules Respecting Lottery Games. The Regional Investigator is responsible for investigating lottery prize claims, and complaints against lottery retailers within a specified region of Ontario.
Major Responsibility Areas:
• Responsible for conducting inspections of retailers contracted to sell lottery products across the province to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Retail Policy Manual.
• Responsible for conducting Investigations into lottery prize claims and complaints against lottery retailers.
• Collaborates horizontally and creates opportunities for shared success with other teams, divisions and external partners.
• Clarifies and instructs prize claimants, retailers and the public regarding questions and / or complaints regarding procedures, policies and guidelines.
• Accountable for resolving conflicts by encouraging or facilitating a beneficial resolution.
• Communicates directly with staff of other divisions, government agencies, police services and others.
• Assists in developing responses to media inquiries on matters involving the investigative activities as directed.
• Responsible for documenting evidence gathered, maintaining investigation files and writing investigative reports.
• Anticipates and prepares for a specific opportunity or problem that is not always obvious to others.
• Formulates plans of action to ensure completion of assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
• Additional or different responsibilities or duties, which are consistent with the position summary, may be assigned at the discretion of the Manager.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registration:
• Ontario Drivers Licence – Class G and the ability to maintain. Please note that this position requires the candidate to have their own vehicle.
• AGCO Licence
• Requires a minimum education level of a University Degree or a College Diploma in Law & Security with a minimum of five (5) years experience conducting investigations, audits or equivalent.
• Requires demonstrated experience in conducting investigations or audits involving fraud, computer, corporate, or regulatory issues.
• Knowledge of the Retailer Policy Manual an asset.
• Knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada as it relates to fraud, theft, forgery and other lottery related offenses.
• Knowledge of the Gaming Control Act and Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Act an asset.
• A strong understanding of computer software and ability to adapt to required computer applications including but not limited to Lotus Notes, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, OLG Legacy Systems and navigation of the internet.
• Experience with a Case Management System used in a regulatory or investigative function.
• Sound judgment skills; strong analytical skills; excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff and external parties; ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including background with writing reports.
NOTE: Regular travel is required and the successful candidate will be required to work out of a home office.
Please apply on-line, no later than 5:00 PM on the closing date, quoting File #HR12-171. The preferred method of submission is on-line, however resumes can also be sent to:
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation 4120 Yonge Street, Suite 420
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.