Sheridan College is one of Canada's leading postsecondary institutions dedicated to the provision of outstanding academic programs and the support of student and graduate success. We deliver an exceptional educational experience in an environment renowned for innovation and creativity. Program options range from one-year certificates to four-year degrees in the arts, business, community service and technology fields. Sheridan serves 18,000 full-time and 35,000 continuing education students at our campuses in Oakville, Brampton and Mississauga.
Sheridan employees will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous vacation entitlement
- Excellent benefits package with Sun Life
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee assistance programs
- On-site fitness facilities include: weight rooms, cardio rooms, and squash courts, as well as karate, yoga, pilates, rock climbing and other instructional activities.
In addition, we offer professional development opportunities to promote career development and success in the workplace, including:
- Professional Development funding
- Reduced fees for Continuing Education courses
- Tuition Reimbursement
Please note Sheridan College only accepts applications using Resume Basic. Please refer to our online application guide and FAQ section to learn more about the application process. Sheridan's Online Application Guide & FAQs
Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit:
World Education Services
This is a 2 year full time faculty secondment position for a person who will assist his/her colleagues in the development and implementation of new and revised certificates, diploma and applied degree programs. This position is an appointment to the Network for Innovation & Leadership in Education at Sheridan (NILES).
Reporting to the Associate Dean, Program Development and Quality Assurance, the incumbent will work closely with staff within the Network for Innovation and Leadership in Education at Sheridan (NILES), and with faculty and academic managers within the wider college community. The incumbent will be responsible for working with cross-disciplinary faculty and staff teams in the development, enhancement and implementation of certificate, diploma and applied degree curriculum.
The Curriculum Consultant’s responsibilities will include:
• Leading teams of subject matter experts in the development of program outcomes and detailed curricula for new academic programs, within the context of MTCU and PEQAB guidelines, college policy and practice, college strategic direction and strong pedagogy;
• Collaborating with faculty on curriculum and course design as required (on an individual and group basis);
• Providing consultation to faculty on the development of teaching & learning activities associated with curriculum development and review including alternative delivery strategies and the use of educational technology to support learning;
• Supporting faculty in the development of appropriate tools to evaluate student learning;
• Working with program review teams on curriculum analysis and development;
• Working collaboratively on updating policies and procedures related to curriculum in the context of the college’s strategic direction
• Contributing to shared best practices in teaching and learning within NILES and with the college as a whole
• Working with research analysts to assess labour market need and student demand for proposed programs;
• Working with the NILES teams to ensure an integrated approach to service delivery;
• Attending meetings, activities or college events as required, sometimes representing NILES or the college.
The incumbent will provide leadership and support to program teams in the review and renewal of current programs and provide expertise in the writing of program and course learning outcomes and student assessment strategies consistent with these principles. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and handle multiple projects.
• Full time post-probationary faculty member in any Sheridan program with extensive teaching experience;
• Expertise in curriculum design & development;
• Knowledge and understanding of diversity and inclusion issues as they relate to curriculum design;
• Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in any of the following fields: Adult Education, Higher Education, Curriculum & Instructional Design, Distributed/Distance Learning or related field
• Experience using SLATE in the development and delivery of courses;
• Proven ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively as part of a team and participate in consultative decision making;
• Demonstrated sensitivity to diverse learners and examination of learning materials and classroom methodologies for inclusion;
• Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, writing skills, problem-solving and managing projects
Employee Group: Academic
School: Network for Innovation & Leadership in Education at Sheridan (NILES)
Campus: Primarily based at Trafalgar. May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus
Salary Range: $58,946 - $102,186 (based on relevant
educational qualifications and experience)
Reference #: 12/F/70
Application Deadline: January 6, 2013
Application Details: 2 Year Faculty Secondment (To begin part time in May/June 2013 and full time in September 2013)
To be considered for this position, an on-line application is required. Please click on the "Apply for this job" button to proceed with your application. Please review Sheridan's Online Application Guide & FAQs; before you begin.
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities.