Sheridan College is one of Canada's leading postsecondary institutions dedicated to the provision of outstanding academic programs and the support of student and graduate success. We deliver an exceptional educational experience in an environment renowned for innovation and creativity. Program options range from one-year certificates to four-year degrees in the arts, business, community service and technology fields. Sheridan serves 18,000 full-time and 35,000 continuing education students at our campuses in Oakville, Brampton and Mississauga.
Sheridan employees will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous vacation entitlement
- Excellent benefits package with Sun Life
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee assistance programs
- On-site fitness facilities include: weight rooms, cardio rooms, and squash courts, as well as karate, yoga, pilates, rock climbing and other instructional activities.
In addition, we offer professional development opportunities to promote career development and success in the workplace, including:
- Professional Development funding
- Reduced fees for Continuing Education courses
- Tuition Reimbursement
The School of Humanities and Social Sciences is looking for a proactive faculty member to Coordinate the ESL Program. The ESL Coordinator role includes the following duties and responsibilities:
• Correctly placing students;
• Ensuring effective delivery of the ESL program;
• Communicating with AD, APA, OTR, Admissions, Scheduling, International Centre, and Assessment Centres as required;
• Maintaining the ESL documentation and website space;
• Monitoring the lab and textbook requirements with coordinators;
• Setting Up Orientation;
• Attending meetings and conferences;
• Budget monitoring;
• Answering student inquiries and advisement questions;
• Other duties as required;
Employee Group: Non-Teaching Academic
School: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Campus: May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus
Application Deadline: April 29, 2013
To be considered for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to the attention of Dr. Lee Easton, Associate Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities.