Berminghammer Foundation Equipment was founded in 1897 by William Bermingham, who was succeeded by three further generations at the helm before the company was purchased by Soletanche Bachy Canada.
The company started by building the foundation of Canada’s infrastructure and has continued that role for 123 years. Always innovative, we brought the first diesel impact hammer to North America in the early 1950’s and started developing our own line of foundation specialty equipment in the late 1960’s. The Berminghammer trade name has become synonymous with leading edge technology around the world.
We currently develop and build custom equipment for the deep foundation construction market. With full product range of equipment including crane mounted lead systems, reverse circulation rock drills and diesel pile driving hammers, we work with top contractors on exciting projects around the world.
Our employees enjoy a safe and stable work environment and a competitive compensation package based on experience.
Bermingham Foundation Equipment (SB Canada) is currently seeking a Forklift Operator to join our organization.
Reporting to the Weld Shop Supervisor, the Forklift Operator will support the Manufacturing and Yard operations in safely preparing large equipment for delivery. The Employee is required to perform the duties as outlined.
The position will be based out of the Yard and Manufacturing site in Hamilton, ON.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
- Safe Operation of company Forklift
- The Operator will oversee the manufacturing/yard operations
- loading and unloading of equipment from trucks
- using a 5 to 30 ton Forklift
- ability to lift up to 50lbs
- inventory control of large equipment
- steady day shift with some overtime and weekends
- Working in all weather conditions indoors and outdoors
- practice safety procedures at all times.
- Must have grade 12 high school diploma
- Certified/licensed Forklift Operator
- Confidence in driving a forklift with heavy or wide loads
- Need to be comfortable at working with heights. (aprox 20’)
- Experienced with 5 ton – 30 ton outdoor forklifts (All Terrain) and Bobcat skid steer
- Experienced with loading and unloading flatbeds (Outdoors)
- Working in front of mobile cranes.
- Rigging experience an asset
- Excellent time management skills to assist multiple departments at the same time.
- Able to work well as a team, good organization skills, efficient in a fast paced environment.
- Need to be able to work in all climate elements Hot, Cold, Rain, Snow.
- Able to read and write English.
By joining our team, you will become part of a growing company with opportunities to build strong relationships with industry leaders from around the world. We are committed to career development and offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply by email with “Forklift Operator” in the subject line.
Only candidates being considered for this position will be contacted. SB-Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 per hour
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$22.00 per hour
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Forklift operation: 2 years (preferred)