Kamloops Home Hardware Building Center is so much more than a retailer - and this is so much more than work! Build a career, with foundations that run deep into the community - Join our vibrant and dynamic team and become part of something big today!
The Senior Accountant will assist the Director of Finance in managing overall financial operations within our organization, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and preparing financial reports.
This role is integral to the success of our organization and requires a high level of professionalism, knowledge and drive. (Yikes, so serious right?!)
What The Role Entails;
- Assist with all accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
- Manage internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for each department.
- Work with operations to assist, measure and analyze current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency.
- Provide strategic analysis as required to drive improved decision making.
- Assume responsibility for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information
- Assist with year-end preparation of financial statements all other government audits
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements and external reporting to financial institutions, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met
What We Are Looking For;
- Professional accounting designation, CPA (in progress) or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management.
- Financial analysis, budgeting, and some strategic planning experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and applications
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with a team - exemplifying our company culture is a biggie!
Successful candidates will be contacted the week of Feb 6th.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you currently based in Kamloops?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-03